Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router blinking orange and can't connect to the Internet

ShaunPower
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I'm a new customer and today (Friday the 27th of August) is my activation date.

My broadband was activated remotely at around 12 pm, it's now 11 pm and my router is still blinking orange and the wifi network doesn't show up when I try to connect to it from a device.

Shaun power
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Shaun

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and an engineer visit has been arranged for 31/08 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hey,

Thank you for all of your suggestions, I have run a line tests and it says that my line is working how it should be.

I can confirm that all cables used are ones that came with the router and they are attached properly from the phone line to the router.

I'm thinking that there may be a possible issue with the router as the tests have indicated that my line is working okay. The fact that I can't even find the network on any wifi list has me concerned that it is a router problem.

Unfortunately I dont own a landline so I'm unable to tests to see if I have a clear dail tone.

I have updated my information so hopefully I will be able to get help with this issue

Thanks again 🙂

Shaun power
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @ShaunPower,

Are you able to log into the 'My Account' site to check the status of your activation ?

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached. Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect it to the phone socket.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).  Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Tuesday now (limited staff may be around on Monday), so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

The fact that you can't see the Wi-Fi network is interesting, if you wanted to you could perform a factory reset of the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, just to see if that made any difference.