Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router constantly restarting

trevkillick88
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Our router is the DG8041W and we are on our second one (have given it a week or two since it arrived) and it's still giving us the same issues as the previous one.

Randomly at various times of day sometimes when everyone is home and others when it's just myself it will restart all on its own. At this point, the longest I have seen the system uptime is 4 days but typically it's at least every other day and recently every day. 

Support have gone through and checked the line and this was never an issue with our previous providers (Sky and BT), router is plugged directly into the master socket (One of the fancy new 'Master Socket 5C' sockets was fitted 10 months ago when we signed up to TT and had an issue that turned out to be the cable to the socket was faulty) I even changed the cable to the socket when the replacement router arrived just encase.

Its really starting to annoy us as it keeps happening in the middle of video calls for work for both myself and my partner (although not always with video calls) have tried using a different router and picked up an ASUS DSL-AC55U which had a completely different issue of the modem disconnecting randomly multiple times a day so I threw that back in the cupboard. 

Log from yesterdays reboot

2021-10-21 06:48:28 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(REMOVEDIP),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,ConnectionRequestUsername:userid,ConnectionRequestPassword:-
2021-10-21 06:48:28 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(REMOVEDIP),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,PeriodicInformEnable:1,PeriodicInformInterval:86400,PeriodicInformTime:2021-10-21T05:48:28.696Z
1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
1981-01-01 00:01:23 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:WEB(192.168.3.22),Result:Success,Type:Login,Username:admin
2021-10-21 13:18:16 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2021-10-21 13:18:16+00:00 DST], uptime is [173s].
2021-10-21 13:18:17 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(REMOVEDIP),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,ConnectionRequestUsername:userid,ConnectionRequestPassword:-
2021-10-21 13:18:21 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(REMOVEDIP),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,PeriodicInformEnable:1,PeriodicInformInterval:86400,PeriodicInformTime:2021-10-21T12:18:21.078Z

Is there any advanced diagnostics I can do on the router to try and work out why its happening before I go absolutely bonkers?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

Thanks for confirming and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks, its all backup now and showing v1.06t, lets see if it can get past the magical 4 days without restarting>

Cheers

Trev

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I'll update the firmware for this issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE