Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router down every morning

robwalker
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Hi

Every morning for the past week or so when we wake up the router is down. Our phones and laptop etc say that they can connect to the router but not the internet. We restart the router every morning and it works no problems. But then the same thing happens the following morning.

Is there any reason why overnight it suddenly packs in? Could it be trying to do an update that fails or something overnight? Any ideas or suggestions on whats causing it and whether it can be fixed would be greatly appreciated. As its a strange one to me as during the day after the restart it all seems fine but something seems to happen overnight.

Rob

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Robert

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 17

Hi there

Yes i've tried a mobile phone, kindle and different laptop and used edge and silk web browser but the same happens so it does seem like something is wrong.

Please if you could send another router that would be good  which will hopefully work and i will return this one.

Much appreciated

Robert

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Morning,

Have you also tried a different browser and a different device? Would you like us to send another router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi 

Yes I've disabled firewall, reset router and restarted the laptop but no avail. It just continues to hang and not load?

Kind Regards 

Robert 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hello,

Have you tried factory resetting the router, setting it back up and then retested this again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

I'm doing those steps but unable to access the admin page. When i type 192.168.1.1 into the web browser, it tries to load the page fails and says the page can not be reached and took too long to respond.

Could you advise how to resolve this as i do need to access the admin page of the router? With the sagecom router there was never a problem in accessing the page and all other websites are working absolutely fine.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Robert

You should be able to access the router admin page, apologies for this.

Are you doing the following steps?

• Open your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 to go to the router admin page
  • Login with your router username and password. You’ll find these on the sticker underneath the removable settings card on back of your Wi-Fi Hub

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Debbie

Many thanks for sending the new router. I've got it installed today. I'm unable to access the router's admin page though (http://192.168.1.1/).

It just says the site can't be reached and took too long. Ive disabled firewall etc, reset router and restarted the laptop but no avail. Could you advise how to access the admin page and whether access is disabled or not?

Many thanks in advance.

Robert

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply.

We have new firmware coming soon for the Sagemcom hub which should resolve the issues reported with DNS.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 17

Hi Debbie

Thanks for your message. Yes no problems at all that would be good if you could send a different one for testing.

I gather theres been a few similar issues with the sagecom router firmware at the moment?

Much appreciated

Robert

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to send a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

HI Debbie

Thanks for your message. We've had to switch it off quite a bit this last 24 hours to reset it. Its on now again though.

Our router is the Sagemcom It says CS 500001 in smaller numbers after it not sure if thats the model number?

Many thanks

Robert

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi Rob

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I'm unable to connect to your router, which router are you using? (make and model)

I have completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but the line is not in sync. Is the router switched off at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Many thanks for the messages thats great. I've updated my profile now.

It happened again today although not in the morning this time it was this afternoon that it dropped off and needed restarting.

Many thanks in advance for looking into this

Rob

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi Rob,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @robwalker,

What make / model of router do you have, if it is the Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub then it could be a known issue with DNS resolution that is causing this.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.