Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router indicator light dead

des09
Problem Solver
Message 9 of 9

Having just experienced a Openreach problem with my broadband, now resolved, I've just returned home to find there is no light at all on my router.

I can't believe the two issues are related, the previous problem was resolved last weekend.

I've been through the self tests and TT tests, which claimed no fault and have changed power socket.

The service was working when I left home this morning and on returning the router is "dead".

Any ideas please? I could do with a service that lasts more than a week between faults.

Cliddy
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

des09
Problem Solver
Message 1 of 9

No problem, it will prompt me to check self destructing plugs in future.💥

Cliddy
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Something else to add to an ever expanding list of faults to watch out for then @des09, well spotted!

~R.

0 Likes

DaveWillow
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 9

I'm glad you got it sorted. Best wishes.

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your help, but please see my update above.🤔

Cliddy
0 Likes

des09
Problem Solver
Message 6 of 9

I could have just deleted this query and moved on but I thought it best to be honest and perhaps even helpful!!

Everything I said in my "problem" was totally accurate.

What I did next however was to fit an old router online to see if it made any difference.

In the course of disconnecting and reconnecting the cables the power plug fell apart ! I would stress this hadn't been touched by anyone since the Openreach guy was in last weekend and is protected behind a solid unit.

But what it was, was one of those plugs that comes in 2 parts for shipping purposes. It had obviously worked loose, how I don't know because on reassembly it was a very sound connection.

Anyway I feel better for being honest 😃

And may of been helpful to someone reading this.

Cliddy
0 Likes

DaveWillow
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 9

Good luck with support chat but in my experience, and I've been with them for years, you are talking to idiots and liars! Have you checked the power supply to the router? In the router setup page there's an option to turn off the LED lights. Could they have reset your router remotely? Are your devices connecting? Do you see your SSID?

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 9

Call 0345 172 0046 or use Live Chat if you have alternative access.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff will be back here on Monday.