Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps resetting every time I try to connect my Galaxy Tab or Mobile

twenban
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

I need some help, I moved over from Sky broadband to TalkTalk, everything was going ok, I setup my router and was connected in no time.

Two weeks after connecting I totally lost my broadband connection, TalkTalk sent out an Open reach engineer who checked the main box outside my home and said somebody had disconnected my cable, he reconnected and I had broadband back.

My issue since the reconnection is my router keeps resetting every time I try to connect a device to the WiFi? I have had the Open reach engineer out again he is saying my line is good and has been tested, I then had a TalkTalk engineer out, even when he tried to connect his mobile to my WiFi it caused the router to reset!, he then went on to set up another different username (same as my old one but with a -5 at the end), he left saying all should be ok, he also said my setup was good and was correct, he was gone about 5 minutes and my router reset itself again.

I have done all the resetting and rebooting loads of times but this has made no difference.

I have setup a monitoring app in Chrome and it is telling me I have had 309 disconnects since 2nd August 2021.

Here is a summary of what the app is telling me, I have only had 6 disconnects in the last 24 hours because WiFi is switched off on all my known WiFi using devices

Online for 0:50:38
Disconnects, 24h: 6
Availability, 24h: 99.75%
Disconnects, total: 309
Availability, total: 85.80%

Has anyone had the same issue? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony 

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi twenban

Apologies for this. I will send you a private message. Please can you reply to my message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

twenban
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Morning Debbie,

I am trying to send you a private message but keep getting an error message, i am a newbie to these communities but I think I am doing things right, when I click on send message I get a 404 Error come up on my screen, please see below

TalkTalk_error.PNG

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Tony

Sorry for the delay.

Please send me a Private Message with the address you would like the router sent to.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 10

@twenban, Debbie was doing a half day this Bank Holiday Monday. Normal service on here from staff from tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

twenban
First Timer
Message 5 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Could you please confirm that you are able to send me out a new router to try.

Many thanks,

Tony

0 Likes

twenban
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yes please, would it be possible to email you my work address as I will not be at home to sign for anything, unless the courier or postman is happy to leave it without a signature.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Tony

Apologies for this.

I can send you a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

twenban
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Hi Debbie, 

Thanks for the speedy response, I haven't tested another router because the only other router I have is my Sky one, I have told the support team and I also told the TalkTalk engineer who visited the setup I have set up exactly the same as my Sky, I literally unplugged the Lan and broadband cable from my Sky box and plugged them into my TalkTalk router, I never once had any issues with my Sky broadband in the many years I was with them.

I think it might be a faulty router but TalkTalk are very reluctant to send me a new one, I have already said I would return the one I have at my expense.

I was told that when the TalkTalk engineer came out if they deemed things to be my setup that I would be charged? I have only been with TalkTalk for a couple of months and have only had a solid broadband and WiFi connection for the first 2 weeks.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Tony

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you also tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes