Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router needs resetting every day

Pingkej
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

So I joined a few months ago had no issues but for the last few weeks I'm having to reset my router daily. The wired connections are fine but WiFi devices (phone, laptop, iPad, speakers) are unable to connect on WiFi until I reset the box, then all is brilliant for about 1-2 days. 

Rang technical support who were useless and after 40 minutes suggested resetting the box which I agreed would fix the issue but I shouldn't be daily resetting the box.... Any help would be massively appreciated because at the moment I feel like just switching provider

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Pingkej

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Pingkej,

What model of router do you have ?

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then it is possible the 'Wi-Fi optimisation' feature may be causing you problems.

If you are only having issues with wireless devices then you could be suffering from Wi-Fi interference, you could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes