Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not connected to network

ebruilyaz
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

Hello,
My services were supposed to go live yesterday, unfortunately did not happen. 
Contacted support several times and asked to wait until midnight, no luck. Reset the router dozen times, all the lights are green except Internet - it is red. Connected to the router, I clearly see that my devices are properly connected to the router and the issue is the router not being connected to network. Checked the main socket and all the cables, everything is connected properly and I can clearly see that I do not have assigned IP at all, while the support representatives were trying to convince me that I need to use a different browser or clear the cache, not being able to undertand that the problem is not on Application level but on a Network level. I was also offered engineer's help, ofcourse paid service. Why would I pay for a service that was not provided to me? 
I am waiting for your advices. Thanks

Regards,
E

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

Thanks for the PM. I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

Our network team are going to log this out to BT Openreach for an engineer visit. if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM you to confirm some other details

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

"but tried calling the landline number that I received by talltalk and it is ringing. Wisdom says that if you do not have a phone connected to the line it will not ring."

The line will still ring if there's no phone connected but I do think the most likely cause of the issue is a crossed line

I've raised this to our network team for further investigation, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Our network team are looking into this but if you are thinking of leaving please see this help article

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

I was not able to find a landline phone as I am working all day, but tried calling the landline number that I received by talltalk and it is ringing. Wisdom says that if you do not have a phone connected to the line it will not ring. So it means that there is a huge problem as my service is being used by someone else, even though I am the one paying for it and talk talk does not mind that. 

As for days I am waiting for a miracle to happen and facing the ignorance of talk talk, please advise me the shortest way to cancel my contract and change for a reliable ISP.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK, the line is still showing connected so it looks like you may have a crossed line. Did you manage to get hold of a landline telephone? 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OK thanks, I'll just check the line and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14
Hello,
It is turned off now.

E
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

Thanks for posting the photos. could you switch your router off and let us know when you've done this.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

SmartSelect_20190123-225845_Chrome.jpg

15482845418908913713699048496395.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi,
It is an absolute nightmare that I need to convince my ISP provider that I am not able to connect to network, istead of someone checking the problem properly. Well, I don't know what you see from your end but I am attaching a screenshot from my talktalk account/status check and if needed I will upload one from the router settings as well where you can clearly see that the router is not connecting to Internet (WAN). I will go and buy a phone just to check your service faults. Thanks for making me an expert in networking! 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

Thanks for updating your profile

I've checked the number in your profile and it's showing that the router connected to this line is in sync and connected to the internet, and an IP address has been assigned.

There's a possibility that you may have a crossed line which would explain why you can disconnect your router but it shows as connected at our end. Is there any possibility that you can get hold of a telephone to test with, borrow one perhaps? If you are able to get hold of a telephone could you try dialing 17070 and check that the number read back to you is yours (if not then can you make a note of the number)

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi, 
I recently updated my profile, you can find my number there. I do not have a phone and I am not able to test the phone.However the problem with my broadband seems to be hopeless as the customer service is trying to convince me that they are able to see my router even when it is unplugged. Not a service type that I would recommend. 

Regards,
E

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi ebruilyaz,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have a dial tone? Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

0 Likes