Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not working - no internet!

AlisonWestWemyss
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have a holiday let & my current guests have no internet.

It worked for about 10 minutes once the router was switched off and on today. They told me it hasn’t been working now for a few days.

The socket, wiring etc is fine. There are no devices connected. It’s plugged directly in to the master socket. There’s no phone plugged in/landline in use. 
The line test says there are no problems on the line to the router. There are no problems in the area. I am unable to contact anyone at TalkTalk - the live chat function doesn’t appear to be available, I can’t phone either - what can I do to get this fixed for my guests?? It’s clearly an issue with the router…how do I go about getting replacement router from TalkTalk?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi AlisonWestWemyss

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi @AlisonWestWemyss,

What light(s) are showing on the router ?

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate the faceplate or any of the phone wiring in the property as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

@AlisonWestWemyss 

It might be the router that is faulty.

It could be a fault with the line, at the fibre cabinet if you are on a FTTC service or at the exchange if on basic ADSL broadband.

Chat is available, along with opening hours from the link below

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

However, they are likely to ask you what the indicator light(s) are showing, if the phone line is working normally and to connect at the test socket with a microfilter to eliminate faceplate and wiring issues.