Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router problems

alanjc
Team Player
Message 13 of 13

I have been having trouble (reported here earlier} with the Router needs to be "rebooted" frequently, but had a Phone call from someone purporting to be from TalkTalk saying they were sending me a replacement that would arrive next Thursday then went on to ask me my email address so he could send me a link to download program to help set it up, he then sent me an email which has a link to Zoho Assist this seems odd as I have always been able to set it up in the past myself and I told him so, my computers refuse to connect as it comes up as unsafe being cautious I didn't go past the warning, the email came from rajideepbarman9@outlook.com with links to check the authenticity. So I'm trying to get my head around the fact he knew about my problem and even quoted my account number, help is this genuine or fake?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi alanjc

Can I just check what speed are you receiving now when running a speed test and what speed were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie,

It is some time now I've been waiting for the replacement to reach the speed of my original one (the one that kept dropping out) the new one you so kindly had sent out is different to the faster one which was the Sagemcom I no longer get the guaranteed speed with the HUAWEI which is a shame as I use to get more than the minimum guaranteed even when Drop-out occurs.

Thanks again for what you do to help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi alanjc

That's great 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the message, I have received it ok and have installed it and things seem to be working ok I was going to wait a couple of days before reporting to see if the problem has gone away, it is different from the original so hoping it performs as well before having the drop-out problems. I would like to thank you and your team for all your help.

Message 5 of 13

Hi alanjc

How are you getting on, did you receive the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi alanjc

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 13

It should have said "it" not her, sorry.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Yes I would, previous communication on her stated that my model had a fault and it would soon have a software update but several months down the line nothing has changed. The "line" has been tested several times and found nothing, and when it's running after rebooting the speed is good other than dropping out I'm pleased with the speed.

Thanks again with the reply

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi alanjc

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Debbie,

For some unknown reason there is no record on any of the phones in my house which is very odd. Sadly my router problem will continue. Just to let you know I have since been "locked" out of my account and TalkTalk email, great difficulty understanding TalkTalk helpers as I am very deaf and they had foreign accents, I eventually manage to get into my account and change passwords. Thanks for the contact. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi alanjc

I'm really sorry to hear this. This will be a scam call, please can you report the number here 

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

It's a scam. Scammers email and links to remote access software. 

Delete. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes