Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router randomly dropping wired and wiFi connections

Wanderer3
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I'm working from home. My router and internet connection have been working fine for the past year or so. However, like many other people who've been posting over the past few days, I'm having issues with my router randomly dropping the connection both for wired and wireless devices.
I lost the connection to my router completely yesterday and spent more than an hour with technical support. The best thing they could suggest was to change the ethenet cable for my PC even though I was saying it was both wired and wireless devices that were affected 🙂
They reset my router and told me to turn it off for half an hour.
This seemed to fix the issue but I was using my wired PC just now and the connection dropped for it and the smart speaker and then came back online again after a minute or so.

Technical support were saying there is no fault on my line. I've checked the router logs and there are entries where it is dropping the connection for no apparent reason multiple times during the day.
The issues with the router started since the end of last week probably around Thursday. I have a hard drive connected to my router and these drop outs have caused files to be corrupted as well.

Some people on here are saying it is a router firmware issue and others a network level issue on TalkTalk's end. I'd like a solution to this whatever it is. My account info is in the relevant section of this site. Can you please investigate.

This is my router and firmware info:

Model = Sagemcom Fast 5364
firmware = version SG4K10002816t

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

The router itself will be using V1.05t and this is the latest official firmware version.

There is a new version in the works for release a little later this year.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Carl for your feedback. I've not read good reviews about it online mainly this one:

https://rhyslolly.com/2020/12/12/talktalk-wifi-hub-black-huawei-dg8041w-review-test-and-tear-down/

but I'll test it as there doesn't seem any alternative.

Can one of the TalkTalk employees on here push the latest firmware through to the router? It's running a version from 2018.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

The order has already gone through for the Huawei Hub, but this model is good, I've been using this in place of my sagemcom now for about a year with no issues.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9
Thanks Debbie. If you've not already posted this then can I have the Sagemcom Fast 5364 router again with older firmware?
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Wanderer3

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

We don't have a date at the moment for when the firmware will be available. It's still in testing at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Yes I'd like the Huawei Wifi Hub. AS I mentioned in my original message techical support already ran a line test and didn't detect a fault. What is the issue? I'm not the only one having this problem and am reading different replies from your colleagues and yourself on this forum. I'm paying TalkTalk to deliver a reliable broadband service. I shouldn't be having to test different routers. When do you plan to release updated firmware for the Sagemcom Fast 5364 router? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Wanderer3,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub for testing to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Wanderer3
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 9

Just to add that when the router stopped working yesterday when I phoned technical support, I wasn't able to access the router admin page prior to it being reset remotely and I wasn't able to access files connected to a hard drive connected to the router which suggests some sort of  router issue. The light on the router stays white 

0 Likes