Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router randomly switching off

DiegoAires
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My router started to switch off by itself every day two weeks ago then I need to plug off the power switch and then plug it on to back it to life. 

But today even I plugging it off/on I struggled hard to bring it to live and then I'm really worrying about what is happening as I work from home and really need a reliable connexion

kind regards

Diego

Diego A.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

Router and returns bag are on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle,

So far the router is working again. 

Yes please, I really appreciate having a replacement router to test and I can return the fault one if we detected it as an issue. 

kind regards

Diego

Diego A.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi Diego,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi all, 

Just completed my profile adding personal details 

Thank you. 

Yes, when the router turned off by itself all the lights are gone but the router button is switched on. 

Kind regards

Diego

Diego A.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi Diego,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @DiegoAires,

When it is 'switching off' are all of the lights going out on the router. The staff here on the community will be able to help, if they think there is a fault with your router they will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.