would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router rebooting randomly

8 REPLIES 8
The_Shield
Chatterbox

Hello,

Over the past month our TalkTalk Router has been having issue's.

I suspect the issue's are at the router as I have previously contacted live chat support and they weren't able to find any issue's on the line.

Randomly throughout the day the WiFi will go offline, and any device will need to be reconnected, this can happen several times daily.

I suspected the router had been rebooting randomly and I finally seen it happen in front of me. I verified this by logging into the router and it said the router had only been online for 1 minute.

If someone in support could look into this I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Community Team

Hi The_Shield,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Which router are you using? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

The_Shield
Chatterbox
Hi OCE_Michelle,

The voice service isn't clear, it's never been clear, it's always been fuzzy since joining the TalkTalk service, we have also replaced the handset and that didn't clear the fuzziness either, it can be difficult at times to here on the line. I have the newest TalkTalk modem. I don't have an alternative router to test with.

Thanks
Community Team

Hi The_Shield,

Do you still hear the noise/fuzziness with the router disconnected (just your telephone connected to your test socket, if you have one)?

Chris

The_Shield
Chatterbox
Hi OCE_Chris,

I'm not sure what happened, but the noise/fuzziness seems to have gone away once I tried the test socket and then went back to the normal socket.

The WiFi still seems to be dropping out, rebooting the modem / reconnecting to the modem does fix the WiFi issue until it happens again, I wonder if the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Extender Kit might fix the issue?

Thanks
The_Shield
Chatterbox
Hi OCE_Chris,

I forgot to mention above, changing the WiFi channel has helped reduce the amount of times the WiFi signal drops out, but it still does happen as mentioned above, should I keep trying different WiFi channels?

Thanks
Community Team

Hi The_Shield

Thanks for your reply.

If you have tested different wireless channels and you are still experiencing this issue then I can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

The_Shield
Chatterbox
Hi OCE_Debbie,

Yes please, thank you very much.
Community Team

Hi The_Shield

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie