Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SageCom FAST5364 DNS issue

gandm
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I have a SageCom FAST5364 router on version SG4K10002816t. Over the last few months I've been experiencing the internet connectivity issues where devices lose their connection but the router shows status as connected. I've searched this website and found that there is a bug fix being rolled out and have been waiting for this to happen for some time now. This weekend I had to reboot the router several times. Is there any way my router can be updated asap?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

Hi @gandm,

If you are comfortable with logging into the router and changing a setting then you may well be able to stop the DNS issue from happening, but it is only a good idea to try this if you have a fairly simple home setup (i.e. just devices that need to access the internet), if you have devices that need to talk to each other and rely on your router to provide local DNS for the devices to find each other, then trying this workaround is probably not appropriate, as it may stop those devices from being able to see each other.

If you did want to try changing settings on your router then let me know and I'll post the details, you can easily undo the change if necessary.

0 Likes

gandm
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the update. Would prefer to stick to the sagecom so will try the fix of changing the DNS for now until it is rolled out

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay. The rollout has been paused while our team complete some additional testing. Would you like us to send the Huawei Wifi Hub as this will resolve the DNS issue that you are experiencing?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I'm still waiting for the update to my router. I raised this issue on the 4thOctober and now 11 weeks later it has still not been updated. My router is left constantly on. The disconnection issues are still occurring and becoming increasingly more annoying.

Would somebody please tell me how long this rollout will take and when I can expect an update to solve this problem.

Regards

Gordon

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi gandm

Apologies for this.

New firmware is being rolled out at the moment in batches.

Please can you keep your router powered up all the time. The firmware is usually updated overnight.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @gandm,

The new firmware is being gradually rolled out, so you should get it soon, the new firmware will resolve the known DNS resolution issues with the firmware version you are currently running.

Staff here will be able to pick this post up tomorrow and may be able to help more, but they may just say to give it a while and let the new firmware install automatically overnight fairly soon.