Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagecom FAST 5364-3.T8 versus Huawei Router DG8041W-2.T5

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Please can anyone help me?

I upgraded to fater fibre last week and was sent Sagecom FAST 5364-3.T8 which is working fine but no noticeable difference in way internet connects or speed.

However today I have received Huawei Router DG8041W-2.T5 and I am totally confused!

Can you tell me what the difference is please and which one I should use. thank you

Elly

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @EllyReid 

I don't know why you have been sent both Wi-Fi Hubs. You only need one device. They're essentially the same in terms of performance.

Slight difference in external appearance as you'll see and slight difference in user software and operation but designed with comparable performance and specifications.

The Wi-Fi Hub has Wi-Fi optimising software integrated whereas the Wi-Fi Hub Black has yet to have that feature activated although it does have a Guest Wi-Fi network that may or may not be of any use to you.

Wi-Fi Hub

Wi-Fi Hub Black

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer
Hello And thank you so much for the quick reply.

Which one is which please? I only know the model numbers wheras you have stated Wifi hub and Wifi black.

Also what is wifi optimising and Guest wifi network please?

thank you

Elly
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi EllyReid 

The Wi-Fi Hub made by Sagemcom has a distinctive bronze appearance when viewing the front of the Hub looking at the back of the array of holes. The Wi-Fi Hub Black is made by Huawei and has an overall appearance of, well, blackness and lots of black holes!

Now comes the techy bit you asked for.

The Wi-Fi optimising I was describing is a product known as Cloudcheck. What this does is gather historical and current information about the devices you're using, the Wi-Fi channels the Hub is using and the Wi-Fi channels broadcast by other devices in your home and neighbouring homes.  With this history of use and knowing current conditions of use it will make decisions to get the best Wi-Fi connection for each device.

By default, Home Hubs work their Wi-Fi magic automatically. They'll choose the least congested Wi-Fi channels and will steer devices towards using the best Wi-Fi Network and fairly share out the usage of the Networks to all your devices. They all do this using an assessment of current conditions. Cloudcheck adds in the knowledge of historical information to make optimum decisions about connecting your devices to the Hub's Wi-Fi Networks.

A Guest Wi-Fi Network has a Network name and password that you can give to visitors to your home so they can get connected without you giving away the password to your own Wi-Fi Networks.

In summary, knowing the tech stuff isn't greatly important because the Hubs are designed to work straight out of the box and perform their duties automatically. The key info you need is in the booklets and the pull up card on the back of the Hub to give you the Wi-Fi name and password to use for your devices.

And if you do need help you can post 24/7 in Community or get help 24/7 via the TalkTalk Support Centre from TalkTalk's tech support crew. Contact TalkTalk.

Highlighted
First Timer
thank you so much for you help.

I was just being curious about the techy bit. I have set up the Sagecom hub as this arried first and because you have told me there is little difference will just keep that one.

kind regards

Elly
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi EllyReid 

Looks like a great plan and just what I would do.

If you ever need help we're here for you.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Elly,

Welcome to the Community and please let us know if you do need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi - I also have had a Sagecom 5364 for only a few months and it is working fine but today received a Huawei DG8041W, as far as I can see there is no need to change and should return the new one.  Can you send me a return envelope please?  Thanks, David