Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagecom Fast 5364-3.T8 Talk Talk router into Modem Mode

Jordi77
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Good morning all!

A year ago I left Talk Talk to join Virgin, and I did not have a good experience, so decided to go back to Talk Talk and it is the best decision I could have done.

I bought an ASUS Router RT-AX88U, which is great! Virgin Modem can be easily set into Modem Mode, but the Talk Talk Router... is not as straightforward... I have looked through the posts, but I cannot see a definite answer on how to do it...

I would sincerely appreciate a step guide on how this is possible to be done...

Thanks you all!

Jordi

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

Whilst it may support bridge mode, no TT router supports modem mode. If you put it into bridge mode, you would have no internet access, because you would have disabled all of its routing functions. It would then be impossible to route any traffic from your local network to the public internet. Before advising exactly what needs to be done, I would need to know exactly how you are connecting the two routers together (which port to which port) and if the Asus is going to be used in bridge mode or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 5

A year or so ago, when I bought my Asus RT-ax88u, i connected the TT router to the Asus and tweaking the settings in the TT router was able to have it in "mode mode"... I cannot find the post that was explaining it ... 

I have seen posts that talk about it in the Community, but I cannot follow them

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

But they can work as the "initial router" & depending on the capabilities of the ASUS router & how you connect it up, all should be fine. You will probably want to turn the WiFi off on the TalkTalk router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@Jordi77 

TT HUBs and routers CANNOT be configured to work in modem-only mode.

That's your definitive answer.

0 Likes