Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Protection query - how to add/remove filters?

Nettles
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Today, Scam Protection blocked some harmless webpages on my work's intranet (the training courses and vacancy pages, amongst others). They'd worked perfectly fine last week. I've gone into our account to change the settings, and the pop-out box on the Scam Protection bit says that you can add or remove filters (presumably to allow access to certain webpages??) at any time, but I couldn't find anywhere this could be done, nor could I find instructions on how to do it.

I spoke with someone at TalkTalk in the chat option who said: Maybe the Scam Protection system updated their security that's why other webpages became suddenly restricted. If the Scam Protection system prohibits these kind of webpages, then the only way you can access these webpage is by keeping the Scam Protection off. I'm sorry about this. I know that it's better to have the Scam Protection active and able to access these webpages. As much as we would love to, the system won't allow us. However, our system will not be banning or limiting access to these webpages without a good reason.

Does anybody have any helpful advice? Or will I just have to live with having Scam Protection turned off?

(Apologies if this isn't the right area to post this. Even though the Community site looks pretty, it's not the easiest place to navigate.)

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Nettles, I'm still waiting for an update from the product manager. I'll be back as soon as I hear.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Ah, right.  Here's the wording that came up when I was in the account and checking out the Scam Protection bits:

Scam Protection
• Scam protection works across all computers and devices connected to the internet through your router
• Easy to set up, just switch on.
• Add and remove filters at any time
• Give yourself peace of mind that you're safe online
• This will also switch on “Safe Search” to remove explicit content from your search results

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I've asked the product manager to double check. It seems likely that we've just made a mistake with the error message popping up on scam protection or rather the wording of it.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

There are no filters in scam protection that's why I was confused by the message. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ady,

I've just gone into the account and switched the Scam Protection back on so that I could take the relevant screenshot for you.  I've tried to access my work's webpages that were blocked on Monday, and I'm now able to view them again.  Bizarre!

Out of interest, how do you add and remove filters in Scam Protection?  (TalkTalk mentions that you can, but I don't see how you can do it.)

Message 6 of 9

Ok thanks Nettles would you be able to safely post a screen shot without showing any of your personal information? If so please do. 

Ady

0 Likes

Nettles
Participant
Message 7 of 9

Hi Ady,

Thanks for  your reply. Yes, the message that came up on screen definitely said Scam Protection.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi Nettles, are you sure it was scam protection and not homesafe causing the problem? It's more likely to be a Homesafe filter as Scam Protection is there to block incoming connections from remote access software. 

Ady

0 Likes