cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Scam protection blocking AnyDesk

7 REPLIES 7
Popular Poster

I'm trying to access my work PC using AnyDesk but it's being blocked by TalkTalk scam protection. It seems like the only way to turn it off is to call customer service, but there is currently a very long wait on the phones.

Could one of the wonderful OCE's turn off my scam protection, please? 

As an aside, I would have thought it would be blanket disabled for any remote access tools at the moment considering how many people are working from home. Seems to be blocking Teamviewer as well.

Many thanks!

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Hamalope,

Scam protection will block Teamviewer, not sure about AnyDesk. I've sent you a PM, if you'd like us to disable Scam Protection can you please reply with the answers to the security questions and we'll do this for you

Regarding blanket disabling Scam Protection, it's there to stop scammer using remote access tools to scam customers

Chris

First Timer

Hello!

I too would like to be able to download Teamviewer as I need to be able to help my elderly Mum get to grips with Windows 10. I know another family member has already installed it her end and I've successfully used it in the past on the previous desktop but I don't have it  on this laptop. Any chance of unblocking it for me?

Thanks,

Jan

Jan

Hi Hamalope,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Jan,

Can you please start your own thread and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on the thread 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Hamalope,

Thanks for the PM, I've disabled scam protection as requested 🙂

Chris

First Timer

Hello Chris.

I too would like to use TeamViewer. Could you remove Scam Protection for me as well? I did phone the helpline but there's an awfully big waiting time, as I'm sure you know. It's not so much the wait, as that I can't sit by the phone for that amount of time without having to get up and do something.

Chops

Hi MoreMoschops,

Can you please start your own thread and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread 

Thanks
Chris