cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Secure Connection Failed

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

I'm beginning to regret my decision to switch from Sky Broadband, as I went 5 years without a single problem. I've had nothing but issues with TalkTalk since I switched.

The current problem is when visiting sites with what appears to be https. The error message is:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

From what I've read, it could be a router problem.

Please note:

Mobile phone with TalkTalk connection brings up the above error message.Computer with TalkTalk connection brings up the above error message.

Mobile phone with Mobile Internet (not TalkTalk) works fine.

This is nothing to do with my PC computer or phone, it's clearly related to the router and/or TalkTalk connection.

Has anybody had this issue?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi steve,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

First Timer

I have this same issue. Also switched from sky to talk talk. 

"This site can't  provide a secure connection". Also cannot load facebook feed, instagram feed, cannot connect to online games. 

Have you managed to resolve?

Hi Na_pb85,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

First Timer

Hello,

I am having the same problem when I try to load facebook both on the computer and on my mobile. Has this been solved?

Thanks

Hi @coll0003 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie