would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Selective internet access

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Freda
Wizz Kid

Since last night I am having trouble accessing certain services including Iplayer, ITV Player, All4, My5 and Amazon Prime. Also my Alexa Echo Dot, while connected to the internet, keeps telling to "try a little later".

I would say the issue is with every site that needs a bit of data through-put except youTube and Play video are working absolutely fine.

I have done a speedtest and all is reported to be normal and I have checked my service using the TalkTalk website that reports all is well.

However, my computer, Fire stick, tablet and TalkTalk TV box are all refusing to let me view any content variously reporting that pages are failing to load and that servers are failing to connect.

Out of interest on my phone I turned off wifi and went on to mobile data and Iplayer worked just fine but when I went back to wifi again it reported "no network connection" - so the problem is clearly my TalkTalk internet connection and not the device.

And from Amazon Prime I get "cannot connect to server".

I have rebooted my router and then I tried a spare router but the result was the same. My router is now in the test socket with a fresh filter but the result again is the same. 

Email is working fine and I can access gmail via the web and of course I have tried the usual like clearing cookies and rebooting but this is affecting my phone, computer, tablet and TalkTalkTV box.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT  - I forgot to mention that websites that will not load normally on my PC seem to load instantly via Opera with the VPN turn on, including this page. So there must be a clue there into what is going on.

UPDATE - It is now 10pm and I can now get Iplayer working on my TalkTalk TV box, although it is extremely slow in getting going, but I cannot get Iplayer to work on my phone, tablet, PC or Fire Stick. The Amazon Prime app on the TV box seems to think about loading and then exits by itself while Amazon Prime on my Fire Stick for reports "slow internet connection" and then the message switches to "Service Unreachable, an error occurred connecting to the network CDN_ERROR." when I select a movie to watch.

F.

Highlighted
eezzllee
Participant

Yeah I got same problems with Amazon services all day.. Sort it out please Talktalk. Looks like AWS have blocked you or something.

Highlighted
Freda
Wizz Kid

Glad to hear it might not be just me.

F.

Highlighted
BruStorm
Popular Poster

I'm having all the same problems.  Iplayer, prime video even images on bbc news are very slow loading.  Speedtest all good and I can download files at full speed.

Highlighted
eezzllee
Participant

HEY!!! WAKEY WAKEY!!!

There is clearly something rotten in the state of Denmark and some official acknowledgement that these reports are being investigated would be appreciated here (at the very least). Apologies to OP for chiming in again but this situation being ignored by so called support staff really gets my goat.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

This topic is in the OCE workflow and will be picked up by them in the usual way during normal working hours. Repeated posting will only delay a reply.

Highlighted
ShebTk
First Timer

I been having that when trying to access some websites and it running slow

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Topic locked pending OCE reply to prevent further delay and trolling.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Freda

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The connection stats look ok. Were you able to run a speed test? What speeds were you receiving?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
channers333
First Timer

I have been having this problem all last night and still this morning. Speed tests come back fine, ibe used 2 separate talk talk routers and 4 different devices. You tube streams fine but amazpn prime, now tv, sky go, iplayer wont work. Quite a few websites run very very slow. Talktalk tv also working fine but anything I pay money for (not to talktalk) wont work. Wasted my evening trying to fix before coming across this and seeing lots of other people with same issue 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @channers333

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that I'm currently looking into this and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

I have the same issue - contacted tech support 3 times - they suggested it was a router issue - changed routers same problem - hooked up a different PC - same problem - One TalkTalk person suggested I upgrade my service - I replied just want the same service I had a couple of days ago - They will not admit any thing - very very slow and on some sites it will not work - I will have another router delivered later today and give that a try but since it will be the third router to try in 24hrs I do not expect any difference - if the third router gives the same result I will have to change providers

Down detector has many people reporting the same issues from all over the UK - I have advised the Daily Mail - will try other daily papers to get TalkTal to do something

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi steve,

Welcome to the Community. I've raised this over to our Network Team earlier this morning and I'm currently waiting for an update back on this. Could I just confirm, are there any sites in particular which are really slow or is this now all sites? Did this also start in the last 24-48hrs?

I'll also post back on thread as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

I cannot believe TalkTalk have only just now realised there is a problem - I suggest they look at talktalk downdetector to see the issues and which sites are not working 

Highlighted

Thank you - I am also trying the Daily Mail and The Sun  - hope that does something

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

Apologies for this.

Could I just confirm, are there any sites in particular which are really slow or is this now all sites? Did this also start in the last 24-48hrs?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Freda
Wizz Kid

Good afternoon OCE_Debbie..

Yes, my internet connect is absolutely fine and speed test, when I can get the site to load, reports all is normal but Iplayer and Amazon Prime are still not working.

I cannot get My5, All4 or ITVPlayer to work either.

youTube on the other hand is working 100%.

The TalkTalk site itself is also affected, as is this forum, however if I access through Opera's VPN it is fine, as are all sites that in themselves do not stop VPN access - I am no expert but to me that suggests some sort of 'blocking' is going on.

Alexa is also broken.

Not just me it seems as there are lots of other people reporting the same problems here and on Twitter, so looking forward to some news and a fix.

F.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Freda,

Thanks for confirming this. This is still being investigated at the moment and we'll post back on your thread as soon as we know more. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Highlighted

thank you - I appreciate your efforts but I use this service to feed my family and its failure is now getting serious - please stress the urgency