Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service centre speed tests

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 41 of 41

Speed results.jpg

Not in any logical date order and all from ADSL days, none of the many speed tests I have run in the last 4 months since switching to fibre show up.

(I'm guessing "13 Jun" must be June last year)

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40

Message 21 of 41

Hello,

Thanks for checking and confirming and I will see what they advise 🙂

Thanks

Message 22 of 41

The image used to show the tests varies from time to time, @ferguson, and it's not always shown the Ookla branding, so not that obvious to customers. It makes the current muddled statistics all the stranger, but maybe that part of it is Talktalk's software rather than Ookla's.

We'll see what comes back from Michelle's investigations.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 23 of 41

@Michelle-TalkTalk Mine are fine, yes.

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.59.55.png

0 Likes

Message 24 of 41

Hi,

They just advised that they will take a look today. @ferguson - do your speed test results show in the correct order in Service Centre?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 25 of 41

@Gliwmaeden2 The TalkTalk tests have always been powered by Ookla, so nothing new there. The ability to predict speedtest results in the future though, wow!  😉

0 Likes

Message 26 of 41

Hello,

I'm just raising this now with the team that look after Service Centre and I will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 27 of 41

@AllyM, speed tests in Speed Centre now appear to be run by Ookla (which I also run on my phone anyway). My computer is still away so I can't check on that, but the display of my results is similarly bizarre, given that July 20th hasn't happened yet this year:

20210715_060230.jpg

 The graph is showing for me in the final display. 

The Ookla test is far quicker than the recent speed test software that Talktalk has been using, which often gave me no result at all, but the processing of the information in Speed Centre would appear to be very jumbled up.

The speed test itself was fine and it recognised my device and displayed that result absolutely fine. It's these nonsense dates that are a nuisance. 

@Michelle-TalkTalk, my experience seems to match @AllyM's in Speed Centre re jumbled dates. I reran it just now and it now starts with 15th July, then I see 20th July....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 28 of 41

The TalkTalk router I have is a Huawei DG8041W with firmware version v1.05t

I did have a Huawei HG533 in the past but I never used that so I can't comment on it.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 29 of 41

Hi AllyM,

Which TalkTalk router do you have? (make and model) Have you ever tested with a different TalkTalk router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 41

I'm also curious why I always get the "router not detected" thing:

Router not detected.jpg

Most of the time I use a third party router so it kind of makes sense, but even when I use the TalkTalk supplied device it still shows as not detected.

Nothing much in the Service Centre seems to work properly.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 41

Hello,

I'll do some testing today to see if I can replicate this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 41

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Apologies for the confusion, can I just confirm, are all the recent speed test results showing in the wrong date order? Does this also happen if you use a different browser?

@Michelle-TalkTalk , The results listed as my "latest on-demand speed test results" are indeed in a strange order but you're missing the main point - Those are not my latest speed test results, they are old results from many months ago. If you look at the screenshots I posted you should see the speeds reported are clearly from the days when I was on an ADSL connection, but I have been on FTTC for nearly 4 months now and none of the many speed tests I have done through the service centre since then are shown in the latest results table.

You also seem to have missed the second point I raised, which is that the little graph of daily speed to router, which I used to have, has now disappeared. (see screenshot @ferguson posted in post 6 with the graph versus the screenshot I posted in post 7 showing that I'm not getting it any more)

I've tried Microsoft Edge and Firefox with the same results.

I have also tried using the TalkTalk supplied router, which didn't make any difference. I didn't really expect it would have anything to do with it but thought I might as well try.

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

In terms of the usage box, our team did confirm that this was removed however you can still check your usage if you scroll to the bottom of the page.

It was @ferguson who raised the point about usage, not me. I'm not sure if that answers the question or not.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 33 of 41

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, can I just confirm, are all the recent speed test results showing in the wrong date order? Does this also happen if you use a different browser? In terms of the usage box, our team did confirm that this was removed however you can still check your usage if you scroll to the bottom of the page.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 34 of 41

OK, another anomaly it seems. And the thing about usage I mentioned was that there was a narrative comment along the lines of "... you used xxxGB last month..." although the "month" in question was never specified, but that seems to have disappeared. Let's see what the support team have to say about all this!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 35 of 41

Ok, I was wrong about the placement of the graph but yes I have obviously just run a test and it isn't there:

Speed results2.jpg

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 36 of 41

OK, forget about the shortcut, that turned out to be a red herring!

I am getting the graph, but only after running a test:

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 15.37.08.png

0 Likes

Message 37 of 41

@ferguson , I don't know what you mean by "supportal shortcut"

One other thing I've noticed is that the little graph has disappeared. If I'm remembering correctly, it used to show under the speed test result, round about where the "run another speed test" button is, showing speed to the router over the last few days with a dashed line showing the guaranteed minimum threshold.

No graph.jpg

Recent usage seems to show ok:

July usage.jpg

Is that what you meant, or have I misunderstood?

Switched to FTTC on 18th March 2021.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 38 of 41

Just one more thought @AllyM: when did you switch from ADSL to FTTC?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 39 of 41

I have just tried a few more tests and they have all registered, including one I did via the shortcut when I entered my phone number. Service Centre seems to be very flaky in the way it operates. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 40 of 41

Most odd. Mine seem to be showing up OK, although I rarely check via the Service Centre, I tend to use the Supportal shortcut. 

Forgive me for adding my own query, but can you find your last month's usage since the latest update?

0 Likes