would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Several disconnections yesterday (2/02/19

10 REPLIES 10
Littlekicks84
Popular Poster

Morning, 

Yesterday I have several disconnections. I noticed the first instance at approx 13:00pm and then several more between 22:00-23:00. The internet light turned red and the broadband light flashed quite a lot. Can someone explain why this happened please? After my troubles trying to obtain a connection as a new customer I do not expect to have my connection interrupted. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

When the internet light is red on the router, (or the status light is amber on the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub) the connection to the exchange equipment (or fibre cabinet if fibre) is normally OK, but there is a virtual path that needs to exist from this equipment to the internet. It is this virtual path that is down. This can be caused generally by:-

1. Authentication issues
  2. Network issues
  3. IP filter issues
  4. An unusual line fault that does not affect basic connection.
  5. Router configuration issue or faulty router

The best way to resolve this is for me to pass this to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to investigate the condition for you now.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Littlekicks84

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. I have also optimised the connection to see how it compares following this.

Please can you monitor the connection over the next 24hrs and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Littlekicks84
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, 

I have noticed in the last 24 there were two incidents of no connection all of which happened again between 22:00- 23:00. I can not confirm which lights were present on the router as I was upstairs at the time. The conection still seems very unreliable compared to my previous connection with Plusnet which had no such issue.

Community Team

Hi Littlekicks84,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection now looks stable for just over 1 day. Just to confirm, were you connected wired or wireless when the connection dropped?

Thanks

Littlekicks84
Popular Poster

Hi, 

Always connected wireless

Community Team

Hi Littlekicks84,

Ok thanks for confirming. Do you have any wired devices connected? Have you tried a few different wireless channels to see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Littlekicks84
Popular Poster

Hi, I am unsure what you mean by 'different channels'. I am now disconnected yet again with a red light on internet. 

Can someone please try to help as I am sick of going round in circles with this. I have had nothing but issues since joining very annoyed. 

Community Team

Hi Littlekicks84,

I've re-run the line test which is still clear.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out? If not then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Littlekicks84
Popular Poster

Hi, 

No, I do not have another router. As far as I am aware there are no test sockets. Can anyone check the download speed? I am finding it terribly slow.

Community Team

Hi Littlekicks84

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie