Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick and tired of unreliable broadband dropping out every few minutes. Has become unusable. Help!

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

My faster fibre broadband has been unreliable for over 12 months but just ok enough to carry on most of the time. Wifi keeps dropping out every few minutes . Have checked socket and restarted router multiple times.

Broadbands isn’t reliable enough to make any online purchases or do anything important so I have to use my iPhone with wifi turned off to get any reliability. To make sure this message gets posted I am using my iPhone with WiFi switched. My contract ends Feb 2022. I am unlikely to be renewing unless talk talk can sort something out.

Since lockdown last year talk talk customer service has been appalling. Any suggestions that doesn’t involve 2-3 hours on the phone/online chat?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 12

Hi rajkoshal

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 2 of 12

No, the phone seems ok. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 4 of 12

Thank you for the advice. Will wait for contact this Monday. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 12

Ok, so if the 'broadband' light flashes green then that means the router has lost its connection with the internet and is having to reconnect, if the service centre line test is not detecting any problems then probably best to just wait for the staff here to run some tests next week.

0 Likes

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 6 of 12

The lights all start flashing green. Eventually the internet light turns red. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Ok, the staff here will be able to run further tests on your router and you connection when they are back on Monday. Do you ever notice the 'broadband' light go out and then flash when you have these issues, or does it always remain solid green and just the 'internet' light goes red ?

0 Likes

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

I’ve run through the troubleshooter section. Have tried the master socket, the connection test says everything is fine (it won’t work anyway when I am not connected to the WiFi).

The landline appears to be fine. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

0 Likes

rajkoshal
Team Player
Message 10 of 12

Hi, the light for the “internet” goes red. For a few minutes before this happens it can be green but the WiFi is not working.   I have one wired device and this does not appear to be working either. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @rajkoshal,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

0 Likes