Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband

Derwig
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

3F956970-B254-49D5-8990-DF73B0EF0E67.png

 Anyone else experiencing slow speeds on the SG8 area? I’m way below my guaranteed speed and have been for about a week. If this isn’t rectified within 30 days I’m walking away from my contract. Online support chat were hopeless as usual.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

rtansle2
First Timer
Message 2 of 16

My Internet keeps cutting out today atleast 4 times already which is not great since I work from home. How can I stop this problem? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hello,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

All back to normal, and actually faster than before👍🏻😄. Many thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi, 

The sync speeds are low, an engineer will be required.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Derwig
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 16

Hi Karl,

Received the router, thank you, it has been plugged in since Friday evening. There has been no improvement in speed, I am still receiving 5-6mbps to the router.  I tested the landline with a phone, it is perfectly clear, no crackling whatsoever.

The slowdown started around Thursday 5th Aug, after we had a total loss of service for about 5 mins. I can only think that something has happened to the line either at the exchange, or somewhere between there and our house, nothing has changed at our end.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi

A router is on the way to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Derwig
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 16

I will be back home from tomorrow, so if you could send out a replacement router that would be great. I’ll also get hold of a landline phone to check if there is a lot of noise on the line.

Derek

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hello,

Would it be possible to post back here and we can send one for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Derwig
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 16

Hi Karl,

Hi Karl

Hi Karl,

Yes that sounds like a good idea, I’m away until the end of the week, so if you can arrange for one to be sent later this week that would be perfect.

Derek

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi

Would you like to try another router to rule out a hardware issue ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derwig
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 16

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply, I don’t have a home phone and have never used the landline so can’t comment on that.  All i know is that nothing has changed at home at all, and the speed to the router suddenly dropped about a week ago.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 16

Hi,

Line tests are clear, but the sync speed is very low.  Can you confirm that there is no noise on your home phone, just a clear dial tone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Have done the speed test, which gives a result of “Poor” 6mbps. The  line test facility doesn’t work and comes back with “Error-Looks like there has been a technical issue” 🙄

The router is plugged directly into the broadband socket on my Openreach box, so home wiring is not the issue.

Everything was working fine up until around the 30th/31st July, we had a small outage (less than 5 minutes), and since then the speed has been around 6Mbps.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Derwig,

Have you been experiencing any drops of connection, as repeated drops will have a knock on effect on your sync speeds.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes