Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow Upload/Download

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

So I've recently just became apart of the TalkTalk system, Wifi was activiated on 10/08/2020 but when we called the customer support said it's the best for streaming, gaming etc with amazing download / upload speeds but the results are far below average.
Ping: 76ms
Download: 0.29mb/s
Upload: 1.56mb/s

Little help? Not sure why it's so slow, I tried streaming yesterday but it constantly buffered, I can't even WATCH streams without it buffering and also it's going to take 99+ hours  to install ARK on the ps4 when it's never been that slow before. Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks.

Highlighted
First Timer

Not to mention on the ps4 I'm getting kbps not mbps.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @MysteryEX ,

If you are a new customer then during the first 14 days your router will be trying to find the best speed possible to connect. It is best to leave your router switched on 24/7 as switching it off too many times can get interpreted as a 'fault' on the line and can (temporarily) affect your speed.

Having said that, your speed is particularly poor, can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) to connect your router to the phone socket.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check your connection.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within the next few days.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MysteryEX,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks