Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow WiFi from Router

Acorn607
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Have been getting very slow wifi speeds 10to 15Mbps, Wired connected laptop is getting 29Mbps but the service data shows 30Mbps to the router which is still below my  34Mbps min.

Have run all the tests  as per your website, rebooted everything but still no change.

have been told by a engineer friend that is proberly a router fault?

All sugestions welcome.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Acorn607

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 32.4mb.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Acorn607

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes