Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow and erratic connection

shipboard
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

On the 17/05/21 I renewed my contract with TalkTalk I am now on Fibre 35. I received a e mail stating my terms and conditions in it it states my guaranteed minimum speed is 24.8.  Since my contract has changed I have experienced nothing but problems, very slow and erratic internet connection and internet speeds, my internet keeps dropping for no reason. When I make a phone call on my land line it disconnects my internet connection, I also notice very bad crackling on the Phone line during any conversation. I am connected to the router with a wired connection and my computer is directly connected to my Open reach Mk 4 Master socket 5C.  I might add I experience the same problems when connected wirelessly.

shipboard. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi shipboard

Service Centre can take a little while to update.

Please can you try running another test on Service Centre next week and let us know if you still see the same result?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Personally, I've found that what it says in the service centre is quite often a load of rubbish. If your service is working ok I wouldn't worry about it.

Was 13Mbps your guaranteed minimum on your old contract? If so I would suspect it just hasn't updated yet.

0 Likes

shipboard
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 8
Further to my problem. Openreach engineer attended my property on Sat 5th June after carrying out several tests over the period of 3 hours he discovered ingress of water into a cabinet 500 mtrs from my property and ascertained that this was the problem and duly dried it out and replaced rusty connections. This has cleared up the interference on my line and my speeds have increased accordingly. However a couple of anomalies still remain, in the service centre there is still a question mark against my broadband connection and it says talktalk suspects a problem with my broadband? I have ran a test and the line to my home is ok Also service centre it states my guaranteed minimum speed is 13 mbps which is incorrect. When renewing my contract on the 17th May I moved onto Fibre 35 and received a e mail (see attachment) stating my guaranteed minimum speed is 24.8 mbps, is it in your remit to confirm this? If not I am sure someone in the community can point me in the right direction on who to contact..

shipboard.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @shipboard good to see openreach are engaged your info about the crackly line is indicative.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the investigation

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

shipboard
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 8

Divsec Thank you for your reply I have attached a zip file with my speeds over the last couple of days, as you can see both the cable and the wire less speeds are abysmal. I have tried all of the obvious renewing my Lan Cable, replaced my wireless card in my laptop, reset my router.  The strange thing is when I reset my router I obtain download speeds of up to 30Mbps for a couple of hours and it slowly decreases to the speeds attached. I might add this has all occurred since I renewed my contract and moved onto the fibre 35 package I have checked the service checker in my account all is ok.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that the fault has been passed to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @shipboard that's not good. You don't mention what speeds you are seeing. Have you tried the service checker in my account?

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.