Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow broadband / Disconnecting

22 REPLIES 22
Conversation Starter

Hi,

My broadband keeps disconnecting and is very slow.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi anita7,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that at times the SNR is dropping quite low which can affect the stability, speed and the performance of the connection.

I've optimised the connection now and the SNR has increased, please let us know how the stability compares over the next 24hrs.

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Hi,

So far it's terrible, it's worse than last night. Very slow and constantly disconnecting.

Hi anita7,

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Chris

Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

The telephone is fine.

One master socket by the door, router plugged in directly into it. Nothing else connected apart from telephone. No extensions.

Today I was disconnected since around 11am until now 7pm. The speed is very slow, about 5Mbs while I normally get 7-8Mbs.

Thanks

Hi anita7,

Ok thank you for confirming this. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Conversation Starter

Same thing with my non-TalkTalk router.

Hi 

Is the broadband dropping on wired devices or just over wifi.   I'm showing the line has been connected for 1 day and 7 hrs with no physical drops.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter

The issue was both on wired and WiFi.
That’s right, it has been stable lately but the speed is slower than normal.

Hi

I'll optimise the line profile and see if this will increase the speed a little.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter
Hi Karl,

It's been pretty good although it's still a little slower than usual.

Thank you

Hi anita7,

Thanks for the update. Was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Conversation Starter
On all devices, both wireless and wired.

Hi anita7,

Thanks for confirming. The sync speed looks consistent at the moment. Could you run a few wired speed tests using the TalkTalk Speed Tester so we can see how your speeds are looking please. What speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Hi,

It seems to be around 5.2 down and 0.5 up.
Usually, I get about 7.0 down and 0.9 up.

Thanks

Hi anita7,

I've just reset the connection now and the sync speed has increased, please let us know if there is any improvement in speed.

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Hi,
It increased yesterday but today is back down again.

Thanks you
First Timer

Dear TalkTalk!

I have problems with the broadband. Since approximately 3 days ago, i can not load any pages in. When i run a test on the routher it says it's okay but it's not.

Regards

Attila

Angi
First Timer

Same here: yesterday afternoon the connection dropped several times (internet led in router went red). Restarting the router fixed it but not for long each time.

This morning we have a green led but no website responds. (Using mobile data now) In my account I am told there is something wrong with our connection but they are too busy to attend me in a chat.

Hi anita7,

Sorry to hear this. Could I confirm, does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks