Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband connection

juanjosearriaza
Participant
Message 26 of 26

Hi, I´ve had many problems with the internet connection since several months ago, I have been trying to reach Talk Talk by phone, email, chat, ... Today I was chatting with one of your colleagues and he told me that my internet connection is below the minimum guaranteed by contract and that they have 30 calendar days to fix the problem or cancel the contract without fees for cancelation.

The chat stopped suddenly while he was testing something on my line, after the whole morning trying to fix the problems. 

Please can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi juanjosearriaza

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you have tested with 2 different routers at the test socket and the connection is still dropping then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

If you contact our Loyalty Team then they can discuss our cancellation process.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26
New update, today the connection has been dropping again several times (still connected to the test socket), and the speed has again gone down. Can you tell me if I leave talk talk there will be any potential charges? I have been in this situation for several months now.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26
Hi, after a few days connected to the test socket I didn't notice any drop connection and the speed has improved. Can you tell me what to do next?. Can I connect again to the master socket?

Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Message 5 of 26
Yes, I will keep connected the router to the test socket a few more days. Since the router is connected to the test socket I didn't have any drop connection.

Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 26

Hi juan,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test again now which is now clear so I've optimised the connection and the sync speed has increased. Would it be possible to monitor the speed at the test socket for a few more days now that this router is connected to see how the speeds compare?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26
Hi, I have connected the microfiber and router to the test socket now. Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 26

Hi juan,

Ok, thank you for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

Message 9 of 26
Hi thanks for the answer. It is not weather related, weather has been nice the since weeks. The connection was off most of the saturday afternoon. On sunday a little bit better but the connection keeps dropping in a daily basis for no reason.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 26

Hi juan,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats and the connection now looks stable for just over 1 day. Does the instability appear to be weather related? How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi, the network has been on and off the whole day. Most of the time off. It keeps beeing very unreliable.

Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 26

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm glad to hear that the stability has improved and please let us know if this does happen again.

Thanks

Message 13 of 26
Hi, today it has been my first session with no interruptions, the connection has been reliable, I think because some changes you made. I will keep checking this.

The charges though looks quite expensive, and nothing is sure, if I have to pay or not.

Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

There are always "potential charges" for engineer visits and you have to agree to these before a visit is arranged.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26
Can anybody answer my last post please?
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 16 of 26
would that visit be paid by me?, if so, how much would it be?. Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi juanjosearriaza

Thanks for your reply.

If you have tested with 2 different routers at the test socket and the connection is still dropping then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26
Hi I have two routers. I have been with Talk Talk for over two years. In January when I renewed the contract I received another router. I have tested both routers, with the same problem, connection is unreliable. I checked the speed and yesterday the uploading speed was 9.0 Mbps and today has improved to 9.7 Mbps. The download speed is the same.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi juanjosearriaza

Have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26
Hi, I have lost the connection today again 3 times in a 30 minutes session, via Microsoft teams, I don´t know if this has probably been due to the job you were doing in my connection, but I have suffered this problems for months now, and it is seriously damaging my performance and my economy.

I will monitory today and tomorrow, I hope it is fixed.

Thanks.
Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes