Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow broadband connection

juanjosearriaza
Participant
Message 26 of 26

Hi, I´ve had many problems with the internet connection since several months ago, I have been trying to reach Talk Talk by phone, email, chat, ... Today I was chatting with one of your colleagues and he told me that my internet connection is below the minimum guaranteed by contract and that they have 30 calendar days to fix the problem or cancel the contract without fees for cancelation.

The chat stopped suddenly while he was testing something on my line, after the whole morning trying to fix the problems. 

Please can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 21 of 26

Hi juanjosearriaza

Apologies for the delay.

I have optimised your connection and the sync speed has increased to 11.4mb.

Please can you monitor this over the next 24hrs and let us know how the connection/speed compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 22 of 26

Go via the Service Status and Service Centre pages, @juanjosearriaza.

You'll see this sort of thing:

20200919_155705.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 23 of 26

Click on Service Status at the top of the page.

Go to  VISIT SERVICE CENTRE

On the SPEED TO YOUR ROUTER box, click on Find out more.

The next page should show your minimum guaranteed speed as a dotted line.

Message 24 of 26

Hi,

Where can I check the minimum speed I should receive?. I have been looking in the website and the only thing I see it is an average of 11 Mbps but the maximum I get is 9 Mbps. 

I was chatting this morning with one of your colleagues who told me that I was not getting the minimum speed and that you should fix the problem in 30 calendar days or I should be able to cancel the contract with no fees.

I have been talking with another colleague a few minutes ago and she told me just the opposite, that I was getting above the minimum and than everything was fine, when I continuously having problems with internet, it is up and down throughout the day.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Juanjosearriaza
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

I've found this happening when testing the line through Chat, @juanjosearriaza. They don't seem to manage to switch the conversation to our mobile data connection. The line is briefly disconnected when they run tests. Rather self-defeating....!

Staff on the forum should be able to run the same checks at a more convenient time for you and then report the diagnosis on here.

They won't be back before Monday, however. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes