would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow broadband speed

12 REPLIES 12
Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

Router :Huawai HG633 latest firmware

Download speed 3.94Mbps Upload speed 0.52Mbps (both from master & test socket)

usual speed i had been getting was about 13-14Mbps

my minimum "Guaranteed" speed is 10Mbps

Have had no problems til about a few days ago since signing up in october

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Mikey, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday. Are you using a wired or WiFi connection when you speed check? What sync speed does the router report?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

test was done via wired to my main desktop with no other extensions connected

upstream line rate is 665 kbit/s

download line rate is 4111 kbit/s

Community Team

Hi Mikey,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line? Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

Router is still connect to the test line

i can't confirm the question about noise on the line as i don't have a phone connected

Community Team

Hi Mikey,

Ok thanks for confirming this. I've passed the drop in speed over to our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as we've received an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Mikey,

I've been advised that the fault has been passed to BTOR for investigation and we should receive an update within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

Ok many thanks for the update 🙂

Community Team
Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

*Update*

BT came out fixed the problem

after a few weeks....speed is now steady at 12Mbps however the service dashboard is saying its still not at optimal speed and should be between 13-18Mbps

current sync speeds

Upstream line rate (kbit/s): 1020
Downstream line rate (kbit/s): 15421
Community Team

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that DLM has increased the sync speed slightly since your last post so it looks like DLM is still optimising the connection and speed at the moment. Please let us know how the speed compares over the weekend.

Thanks

Mikeywest2007
Chatterbox

I've left it for a week and speed is still showing 11Mbps

Community Team

Hi Mikeywest2007

Apologies for this.

I've tried a line optimsation but the speed hasn't increased. Is the router currently at the test socket? I will then ask our Network Team to take another look at the speed.

Thanks

Debbie