Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet / poor upload

BerrieM19
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 2

We are finding our internet connection is currently very slow - there is lag with even basic tasks opening web pages etc.

I can’t upload using wetransfer etc as the upload speed is so poor. I can barely send a picture using iMessage as it’s taking 2-3 mins to send. This is making wfh impossible!

I have spoken to customer support who say there are no issues and told me to reset my router (this has not helped) - I tried switching to another router / plugging in directly with Ethernet but this also hasn’t helped.

It says speed to my line is 11mb. If I run speed tests from my devices (I have max 4 connected at a time) I get between 2mb and 8mb (seems to go up and down a lot) but the  upload I’m getting is between 0.2 and 0.5.

Is there anything I can do to try and improve this? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

I've optimised the connection to see if this helps.

Speeds will not really increase as you are on an older ADSL service where speeds are determined by the distance from your exchange.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes