Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

Christian97
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi there, 

My partner and I have moved to a new flat last month, we are both working from home and we noticed that the internet is way slower compared to before, as we haven’t changed our service yet. (We have Fast broadband) 

Is there a problem in the area where I live? 

I've been trying to upgrade it to the fibre 65 but it tells me: sorry, our line check shows you aren’t able to upgrade to the selected talktalk package. We are expanding our Uk network all the time so please check back again soon. 

I just renewed the contract for another year but I don’t know if we can keep working with this slow WiFi.  

Kind regards. 

Chris
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

@Bazzatay, the customer has been trying to show us what happens in My Account and what happens when trying to actually upgrade. 

@Christian97, once the system checks, it blocks you from going further with the order. You don't want to be setting up something that your line can't actually support. 

I am in a university town, renowned for its prowess with technology. 

No fibre for me....

Talktalk has a lot of catching up to do!

If you can only get Fast Broadband, it won't necessarily be any cheaper than Fibre35 etc.

It's not a particularly good value package as they want to nudge people onto Fibre. Just tough that they don't actually provide Fibre everywhere. 

And particularly tough when it can't seem to cope with 2 people working from home. Check the speeds through Service Centre and you will probably find that you get something reasonable at weekends and holidays and a significant drop when everyone around you is working from home and home schooling. 

Please wait for further suggestions from @Michelle-TalkTalk.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Sorry just one more thing.

You have totally disregarded every reply made to you is there a reson for that  ?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

It looks like your line will not support fiber so you can't upgrade.

Hopefully you will get fiber soon.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

Good luck

0 Likes

Christian97
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 11

It doesn’t let me upgrade to fibre 35. I’m stuck with the Fast Broadband

Chris
0 Likes

Christian97
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 11

03728C88-5AB9-46B3-A304-7A22FA244D3D.png53D34DE6-8F38-4B91-824E-3B990C1AD7CC.png6DF316AF-C179-4FA5-A5F4-A93DB3A174D5.png

Chris
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 11

Hi Christian,

Does it show as unavailable to you if you log into your My Account? It should show under offers and upgrades?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi @Christian97,

It will depend on how long your phone line is to how fast your connection could theoretically be, does the website show that Fibre 35 is available to you ?

Christian97
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 11

I would like to upgrade my WiFi to the fibre 65. Can anyone please help me to do it ?

Every time I try to upgrade it, it tells me: sorry, our line check shows you aren’t able to upgrade to the selected talktalk package. We are expanding our Uk network all the time so please check back again soon. 

kind regards.

Chris
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

The sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, what speeds are you seeing if you run a wired speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Christian97,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this fall within that estimated range.

If you run a speed test (ideally from a wired device) how close is that to the sync speed.