Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow internet

ACameron
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Still having issues with our broadband being really slow and cutting out quite frequently. The TalkTalk service centre has again recommended getting an Openreach engineer to come out to have a look at the issue.

The first engineer came out and had fixed the issues for it to go back to slow speeds and the broadband cutting out after a few months.

The second engineer had fixed it for a few days for it to then return back to not working great.

We received our new Hub and the situation has not improved.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-slow-broadband-speeds/ta-p/2204649

Under part 9 where it says to connect to the test socket, we tried this and it still gives the same kinds of speeds as it was giving with the faceplate on. Which according to the article indicates that it is a problem outside of my home.

Is there anyway I can get some help before I call out another engineer to have a look at the problem?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi ACameron

Sorry for the delay.

I've completed another line test which is detecting the same fault and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5
Hi,

I had plugged the hub back in the normal way.

I have now plugged it back into the test socket and will keep it that way if you need it like that to run tests.

We do not use the voice line so I could not comment about what sort of noise is on that.

What would be our next step to solve the issue?
Thanks,
Craig
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ACameron,

The staff here on the community won't be around until Monday now, but when they are back they should be able to respond to this post, and will be able to run further tests on your line and your router. This will then indicate if an engineer callout is required, or if some other issue is detected.