Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds at night … again!!

Rossmilligan606
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

5DE1D106-4F47-4570-9A0D-465A5F0E6D3B.png

So frustrating, this has been fine for about 4 months, and then it’s happened again, seems to be a pattern …

From about 7 pm download drops to less than 1mbps, upload is fine at about 5mbps.

apparently the network team ‘made changes’ last time … please can they do it again?!?

Many Thanks 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Our Network Team monitor this to try and identify this early and resolve straight away, however I will feed this back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Rossmilligan606
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 9

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

I noticed a major improvement last night, so, yes I had assumed that the network team had worked their magic!

please can you tell me if this is the same issue as before, and why it seems to keep happening… and ideally some way for it to be fixed permanently?!

Many thanks again for your help in this.

Ross 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Our Network Team have advised that they have identified an issue and have made a change to resolve this. Please let us know how the speeds now compare.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Please disregard my last post, I've asked our Network Team to take a look now and I will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you mind running a wired ping and trace route when the speed is good also one when the speed drops and we can pass this straight over to our Network Engineers for further investigation.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

Rossmilligan606
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

speed test with just the pc connected via Ethernet, all other devices removes from the back  of the router and WiFi disabled!

upload is poor tonight too!!

007633B8-B23C-4C6B-ADD1-40B258DFB573.jpeg

0 Likes

Rossmilligan606
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 9

Hi Karl, I can … but please be assured they are slow over an Ethernet connection too … the streaming to the Xbox drops out.

Please be assured that the result will be the same/similar … this is not an internal network issue!

Thanks
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

The speeds shown above were performed over WiFi, can you test all speeds wired when the connection appears slow as wifi can often be unreliable.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes