Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow sync speed since cable repaired.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,  Had link speed of around 40Mbs for previous many months, dropped to 16.5 because builder damaged one of the wires.  This has since been repaired but DLM appears stuck for several days now, got a healthy SNR of 21dB.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Cromonix, I'm sure you have but have you tried a 30 minute restart of the router? Either way your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cromonix 

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. Is your landline service working ok when making calls?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes, phone is working fine, router connected to master socket.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cromonix 

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router connected at the test socket or at the master socket with the face plate connected?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, tried both, same results.  I also switched off router for 45 mins and restarted, exactly the same sync speed.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cromonix,

Would you be able leave your router connected to the test socket for 48 hours and we'll see if DLM moves you to a faster profile. If it doesn't then we can ask our network team to take a look at this for you

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Ok, will do.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

No Change in sync speed, DLM needs a reset I think.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi @Cromonix

I have passed this to our network team to investigate

Will let you know when they come back.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, any update on the DLM reset? Building work at my house has gone on longer than expected with numerous power switch-offs so thought I would wait for works to complete before chasing this.

Stuck at 27,400 for last couple of weeks, SNR 18.1db, my long-term average used to be 40,000

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Cromonix,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is clear and the connection looks like it has started to stabilise. Just to confirm, when did the building work finish? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

Building work finished just over 2 weeks ago - modem was re-connected directly to the ADSL port of MK4 BT Mastersocket., voice calls are noise-free.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Cromonix

I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to have remained stable since 12/10.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes, have switched off modem for 40 mins, connected to test socket (front cover removed) and powered back up.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hi Cromonix,

Thank you for confirming this. It can take DLM between 24-48hrs to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread (request an update) on Thursday and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if DLM has started making changes to the sync speed now that the router is connected at the test socket.

Thanks