Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow uplink speed

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply.

The setup is still the same.

I have raised the problem with the Technical team, and they did a line test and have arranged for a Openreach engineer to attend next week.

When did the line errors start to occur please ?

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

The line history shows high error count from around 10pm on 03/06/2019 until around 3am on 06/06/2019 - error count appears to have been low since

Chris 

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Chris

Many thanks for the reply.

Looks like this is an intermittent fault, I hope they are able to find something on Monday.

The speed is still slow and same as yesterday. The noise margin is still about 5dB higher than it was when the line was good. Not sure if this will be reduced by DLM each night. I find it strange that it remains high, even though the errors are now low.

Mank thanks

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Well BT Openreach found a jumper fault in the exchange. However, the DOWNlink speed is still slow, and has not returned to 2.5Mbs as before. I was awaiting an appointment call back from the Talktalk technical team on Thursday morning 08:00-13:00, but there was no call.

The Status check shows they need assistance with the fault.

I used the online chat, they logged it but still no call.

Could you check to see if there have been any line errors since Monday please ?

Thank you.

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

The speed is stuck at 2Mbps on the DOWNlink since repair, it is normally been at least 2.5Mbps.

There has been no DLM profile changes at night this last week.

And the Noise safety margin is still higher than normal by about 5dB in the DOWNlink, I think this is what is keeping the speed down. The BT Openreach engineer did change the NTE5A for a NTE5C, does this work ok on ADSL ?

Could you please have a look at the line error log to see if there has been any errors last week ?

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've checked the connection stats and the connection looks very stable and there are very few errors on the line. Would you like me to optimise the connection for you to see if we can increase the sync speed?

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply. Yes, please set off the optimise program and then we can see if it restores the DOWNlink speed to normal i.e. as before the problem.

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

I've optimised the connection as requested, please let us know how the speed compares over the next 24hrs 🙂

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Thank you. I will keep a watch on it this week.

Many thanks for your help.

Community Team
Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Just an update.

During Monday night the DLM did a profile change, and the speed came up to 2.3Mbps, the noise safety margins were both around 6dB, which was really fine.

However, last night the DLM made another profile change and this time the noise margins have been increased by 4dB, the speed is back down to 2Mbps again on the DOWNlink.

Could you see if the line errors have come back please ?

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see errored seconds on the line which is why DLM has lowered the speed again. Is the voice service ok at the moment with no noise? What devices are currently connected to the line at the moment?

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Thanks for your reply. So it looks like we are back to line errors again.

DLM did a profile change last night, but speed is still the same.

I have one main phone and one extn phone connected.

There was some thunder storm activity Tuesday night, would that affect DLM ?

And if so,how long would it take to recover ?

Was there still line errors yesterday please ?

Thank you for your help.

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Forgot to say, yes the voice service is fine.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

Thanks for letting me know. Would it be possible to connect just the main phone and router at the master socket with the phone removed from the extension socket for a short period of time and we can try optimising the connection again to see how the errored seconds compare in this set up?

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply.

Last night DLM did a profile change again and the speed is now 2.3Mbps again, the noise safety margins are both around 8dB now so that is a good sign.

It maybe the line errors was due to the Thunder storm. I will wait and see how it goes this week.

If the speed goes down again due to line errors, then I will remove the internal devices as you have suggested, they should not really be a problem as they are connected via the master unit and will be filter inside that unit.

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the speed compares over the weekend 🙂

Thanks

Robot5
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Just an update of the weekend as requested.

There have been no DLM profiles changes over the weekend, and the DOWNlink speed is stuck at 2.3Mbps.

The noise safety margin is around 11dB, about 5dB up on normal and varying.  I think this maybe why the speed is not increasing.

Could you please see if the Line errors are still showing.

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Robot5,

I'm sorry for the delay. The connection looks stable and the errored seconds are intermittently slightly high, but not too high. Would you like me to try optimising the connection again?

Thanks