Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower broadband than before

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Brady,

Would it be possible to re-connect the router back at the test socket so that we can re-run the line test again as this is still detecting a potential issue?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

No problem, I will leave it running at the test socket  from tonight around 5.30pm if that's ok?

Highlighted

Hi Brady

Yes of course. Please can you post back on this thread to let us know once its at the test socket.

Thanks

Debbie

Wizz Kid

Ok Debbie, new filter plugged into the test socket, router up and running just after 5pm...Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Quick update, as of 8pm tonight broadband is down to 9mb...now unacceptable to work with...thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Also noticed the router keeps resetting even throughout the night..Thanks
Highlighted

Hi Brady

I'm really sorry for the delay.

The line tests are still detecting a possible voice fault. Did you test with a different phone to see if the noise was still present?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

No I didn't, I don't have access to another house phone as I borrowed that one from a neighbor and I really don't want to buy one for a test only, I would of thought a drop to 9mb was a fault in itself? Looking at the router it had reset again today while at work and every time it does it drops speed, I have tried another router the same as my WiFi hub and that went on at 23mb, the same as my speed now..it's still in the test socket so what would be the next move?

Highlighted

Hi Brady

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this would affect the BB connection and would need to be investigated/resolved first.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I will try and source another phone but as mentioned above I have already done this test, the owner of the borrowed phone had said she does not have noise on her line so assume the phone is ok, I will let you know when i can get one but surely if you are seeing a fault your end?

Thanks 

Highlighted

HI Brady

The line test is detecting a possible voice fault, this is why we would need to check if the landline is working ok.

If the landline is ok then we can focus on the BB fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Leave it with me Debbie, will try and get it sort for tonight.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hello Debbie, purchased a new phone from Argos, good old fashioned wired one plugged into the new filter along with the broadband directly into the test socket, I have a faint buzzing noise, no dial tone, tried ringing out to my mobile but there is nothing, tried the phone directly into the test socket with the same results,  router still disconnecting at various times, hope this sheds some light on the problem

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Brady,

Thanks for trying that, just to confirm, when you tested the phone at the test socket did you test with just the phone connected (router disconnected)?

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yes... second test phone directly into the test socket, same noise and lack of tone as first test which was with the router and phone into filter and test socket

Highlighted

Hi @Brady

Thank you for testing

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange.

We can check the fault ticket on Tuesday for an update

Regards

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Cheers Arne, I have also had a text from talktalk requesting me to call them and arrange a visit to my home within the next 3 days, do I have to do this as well?

Thanks

Highlighted

Yes, as they may have done further testing after it was submitted. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thanks