cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower broadband than before

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

I called talk talk to arrange an engineer on Saturday morning and was told Monday the 16th between 8am and 1pm although it was still showing as call to arrange an engineer on Sunday in my account, called again and was told something went wrong with the booking so arranged again for the same date and time, could you please confirm that this is still the case please? Also on the previous reply above it states that we can see an update to the ticket by Tuesday about the exchange visit, am I right in assuming that this is two different engineers and I can cancel the home visit if all goes well on Tuesday?

Thanks

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Brady

There wont be an engineer on Tuesday as the home visit will override the original engineer request. 

Let us know how it goes next Monday. 

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

The engineer has been and said it was wear and tear to the box on the wall, something about a possible loose wire inside, all has been repaired but my internet has not increased and still shows around 22mb, infact it has not changed at all since even before the repair..

Highlighted

Hi Brady,

Thanks for the update. Your line profile is stopping your speed improving,  but DLM should kick in and move you to a faster profile after a period of monitoring

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Cheers Chris not sure what DLM is but take your word for it, how long are we looking at for that process to start? I'm assuming not to restart the router when I'm home later?

Cheers 

Highlighted

DLM is dynamic line management, it automatically monitors your line and adjusts the speed based on the number of disconnections and/or errors in a set amount of time

If the number of errors/disconnections have improved then we should see a profile change within 48 hours

I'd switch your router off once and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if the speed has improved. If not then please don't switch it off again, just bump the thread in a couple of days and we'll see how it's getting on

Chris

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Thanks Chris I will reboot tonight around 5.30 and leave as suggested...thanks again 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Just an update Chris, after a reboot of 45 minutes the speed remains exactly the same as it's been for a while, will update in a few days, thanks

Download 22.6

Upload 9.6

Highlighted

Hi

Rebooting the router for 30 minutes will clear the session and start a new session, but DLM will often take 24hrs to increase if no errors are detected.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Download 35.0, Upload 9.4, thanks guys..router has reset a couple of times, im assuming thats the DLM kicking in? either way its been steady for 1d 13h,  looking good...

Highlighted

Hi Brady,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks