would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower speed than expected

13 REPLIES 13
MisterG1
First Timer

Hi

I updated my broadband package on 30th. September to super fast broadband as yet I have not seen any increase in speed in fact I have had, through talk talk, "Bright Spark" out because my speed was slower than acceptable. He updated the router software which temporarily improved the speed for a short time.  The order is under Order Number:- N69702289

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @MisterG1 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day.

I'm guessing you have tried rebooting your router and a 30 minute reboot without success.

Are you experiencing low speeds wired or both?

Is there any noise on your phone line, this can impact on broadband.

In any case I'm sure the OCE team here will get things moving for you.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi MisterG1,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. Just to confirm, what throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

MisterG1
First Timer

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me

Just done a speed test through talktalk  and getting 37.2 and 9.4 which is better than I have been getting over the previous weeks. These are the speeds I was getting before I got "super fast broadband" which should give me speeds of up to, (as per my email confirmation)

Your estimated broadband speeds

Download Speeds
Maximum speed 65.4 Mb
Typical speed range 42.1 Mb to 63.8 Mb
Minimum guaranteed speed 36.6 Mb

Upload Speeds
Maximum speed 18.0 Mb
Typical speed range 11.1 Mb to 18.0 Mb
Minimum speed 9.0 Mb

Thanks

Community Team

Hi MisterG1,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can disucuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi MisterG1,

Thanks for the PM. You're currently on our Faster Fibre product which is limited to 40Mbps, how did you signup to the faster speed?

Chris

MisterG1
First Timer

Via the talktalk web site, I got a confirmation email Order Number: N69702289

Community Team

OK thanks, the speed boost doesn't seem to have been applied, would you like me to add the speed boost to your account?

Chris

MisterG1
First Timer

Hello Chris
I am shocked and confused, from your correspondence I feel like I am obligating myself by having the "faster fibre broadband" if I accept, yet that is one of the primary reasons for our correspondence was it not?
I have been waiting since September when my order was accepted, so yes I want you to have the speed boost applied.
When will this happen? how long does it take?
My other problem of the dropping speed through the day seems to have been resolved at this time.

Community Team

Hi @MisterG1

The fibre speed boost has been requested,  It can take anytime between 2 and 24 hours for the boost to activate..

MisterG1
First Timer

Thanks for that.

Can you tell my why my Unlimited UK Calls Boost has been removed, I never requested it to be.

Community Team

Hi Ive checked and your unlimited calls boost is still active with a £2.50 discount. 

MisterG1
First Timer

Thanks for that.

The way it read on the email it said I had removed from my package.

Thanks again for help, shame it had to take from September to now to rectify.

Regards

MisterG1

Community Team

Hi MisterG1,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Thanks

Chris