Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid red light on hub

Michael19701
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Been like this all night

service centre no goid

need this fixed for work tomorrow

resetting router no help whatsoever 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Michael19701

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 39mb.

What speed are you receiving when running a speed test?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michael19701
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

came back on Friday morning but very slow

now it’s away again

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Michael19701

How are things this morning ?

Can you check the home phone number on your 'Community Profile' , I'm not finding a service with that number.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Ok, if you are lucky this might just be an issue out on the Openreach network (or some network maintenance) that gets corrected overnight, so could be working ok in the morning, but if not, the TalkTalk staff will be able to help.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks. I’ve updated my profile

i work from home and now going to lose wages as I’m sure they won’t have this fixed by 7:30 am

yes on the hub one light solid amber

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Michael19701,

If you have a hub that has one single LED, then if it is solid amber that means the router is physically connected ok, but is unable to log into the TalkTalk network.

If the Service Centre line test is not indicating any issues then the staff here would need to take a look.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem, this is not likely to help if you have a solid amber light, but you could try it just to eliminate that as a possibility if you wanted to.

0 Likes