Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Some apps and websites not working on WiFi on my phone

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems with my home wifi, I have moved this from THIS thread. On my laptop the wifi works fine, but on my phone I lose connectivity in Whatsapp (messages usually arrive but never send), Facebook, Pinterest, Amazon and some others, both through apps and websites. It's very annoying. I've looked at this thread as well, but it seems I need another router to check? My current one is D-Link DSL-3782, and my phone is Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. What's funny, is that my partner's OnePlus 3T works flawlessly with the wifi, so do both our laptops.

I have tried resets and even disabling one of the wifi frequencies, and everything works fine over mobile data.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi alalasz,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, did this use to work ok? Does your phone have the latest updates?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

Yes, it did, and my phone is up to date. I upgraded to Android Pie some time ago, it's possible that the problems started then but I didn't notice anything at first.

I googled if people have reported similar issues with either the apps, the phone or in general Xiaomi phones, but have found nothing.

Highlighted

Hi alalasz,

Ok, would you like us to send a HG633 router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Yes, please!
Highlighted

Hi alalasz

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

So glad I found this thread! This is the only post anywhere I found on this subject. My wife has been having this exact same problem for several weeks and I couldnt figure out why! She had the upgrade to Android Pie too and now has trouble loading some websites and using apps that require the internet. I have an older phone and we have a laptop which have no problems at all. One of my son's visited recently and he found he couldnt load some web pages too and turns out he also has Pie. Very frustrating!

@alalasz would be great to hear if that fixed your problem. Thanks

@OCE_Michelle Would be really grateful if I could also get a change of router to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers

David

Highlighted

Hi @DavidHaughton

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, 

I've bumped the thread twice now. Any news on getting me a new router...? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Debbie  and @OCE_Michelle ,

Any news on the new router? I have bumped the thread twice now...

@DavidHaughton  I'm still waiting for the router, so no idea!

Highlighted

Hi alalasz

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Highlighted

Hi alalasz

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Just to let you know the new router arrived and did the trick! My wife's Android Pie phone is now loading web pages and internet connected apps perfectly. Thanks so much for your great support 🙂

Highlighted

Hi @DavidHaughton

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated

Debbie 🙂