Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed Test. DA16 Welling

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi All. Not sure why I'm bothering with this again as I've been a customer for over 10 years and NEVER had a decent service but this is a joke. I'm in the Welling area. Anybody else having problems? I'm not asking for help from talktalk as it's pointless. See below. Check your speed

A two-minute test for your broadband

All done!

We've finished measuring your speed, and here are your results.

0.8 MbpsYour average download speed NaN MbpsYour average upload speed
Not happy with these speeds?

Visit our fibre page below to compare our fast, reliable fibre packages and see what speeds are available in your area.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Just tested = Ping 27.0 ms Jitter 4.58 ms Download 0.87 Mbps Upload 1.85 Mbps

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Your Results

Download
0.52 Mbps

Upload
0.56 Mbps

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rod,

I'm really sorry to hear this and for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. Are your speeds still low at the moment? Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ping 101 ms Jitter 823 ms Download 0.91 Mbps Upload 1.99 Mbps
Highlighted

Hello Rod,

Can you confirm if your speeds are tested on Wired or Wireless Connection?

I can see 34Mb Sync speed on the Service Test.

Thanks,

Jay

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ping 35.0 ms Jitter 25.7 ms Download 0.64 Mbps Upload 1.01 Mbps

Absolutely F£$%ing USELESS !!!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ping 70.0  ms Jitter 276 ms
Download 0.91 Mbps
Upload 1.77 Mbps
WOW. IT'S FAST TONIGHT !
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Let me guess, you've done a test on the line and it comes back as faster than the speed of light.

or maybe you want me to dismantle my house, split the atom, put my pants on my head and do the moon walk whilst farting God Save The Queen. JUST FIX MY DAMN INTERNET. I'm off down the pub....... Oh 😞

Highlighted

Hi Rod

The line tests are clear, no faults detected. The line is in sync at 34.2mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

lol.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ping 34.0 ms
Jitter 6.99 ms
Download 0.80 Mbps
Upload 1.59 Mbps
Highlighted

Hi Rod Barnes,

Did you switch the router off for 30 minutes before running the latest speed tests? Did you run the speed tests on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ping 775 ms

Jitter 77.8 ms
Download 0.96 Mbps
Upload 0.96 Mbps
Highlighted
Community Star

@Rod Barnes, it really will help get to the bottom of this if you could reply saying whether these speed tests are wi-fi or ethernet. 

It can make a huge difference. 

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes it is. Is it fixed it yet ? I've had the same crappy, cheap router since it was delivered by stage-coach, oh, wait a minute, that first one was replaced with the exact same model a year ago. Did it fix it, Did it F£$&. As I said in my first post, I'm not asking, nor expecting this to be fixed ! I'm just letting the rest of the community know that they are not alone with their shockingly bad service. I am almost tied into this isp for reasons I ...., well, that's not important. I'm just stuck with it for the forseeable future, otherwise, I'd be long gone.

Highlighted

Hi,

Line test is passing and sync speed is 34.2Mbps. If you would like us to look into your slow throughput speeds please let us know, we'll be happy to help

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks anyway Chris. Issues found Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the d... Detected Contact your network administrator or Internet service provi... Completed Issues found < Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding Detected Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Completed Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (DNS server). The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable. If the device or resource is nearby and you have access to it, make sure it is turned on and connected to the network.
Highlighted

Hi Rod,

Did you get the error message on a device connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi (no disconnections showing since one on the 17th, sync speed 34.2Mbps)?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks anyway Chris. (Like mst people, I only use WIFI)

It's the Router. It's useless (Please don't send me another one)

I'm going to bite the bullet and switch to another ISP.

Closing this thread now.