would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed drop and latency.

23 REPLIES
Highlighted
stokeash
Conversation Starter

Line attention has gone up from 25 to 31 speed has dropped from around 16mb to 12mb. Everything is sluggish and it's making my Xbox crash.

Community Team

Hi stokeash

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted? 

Thanks

Debbie

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Hi, I've rebooted the router a few times but I've just checked and the phone line is noisy again could you test for line noise please? 

Thanks

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Is your line still noisy? How would you describe the noise (crackle, hiss, static, buzz etc)?

Can you still hear the noise with telephone connected to your Test Socket, and everything else disconnected (including your router)?

Chris

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Yes the noise is still present no matter what I try. It's hard to describe more of a buzzing sound I would say it's definitely not crackling. 

We had trouble before with a noisey line.

Community Team

Hi stokeash

Thanks for your reply.

I've raised this fault over to our Network Team for investigation. Please post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Hi, has there been any updates?

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

There have been no updates yet so I'm chasing this up for you. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Chris

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

This has now been logged out to BT Openreach for investigation. If you don't hear anything over the next 48 hours can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates 

Chris

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Great stuff thanks.

Community Team

Hi stokeash

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi stokeash

A BT Openreach engineer is working on this fault this morning and we should receive further updates later today.

Thanks

Debbie

stokeash
Conversation Starter

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 6 minutes 18 seconds

Internet is completely unusable at the moment. Its crashing the Xbox and making everything run slow. Speed has gone down dramatically.
Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems again. I've taken a look at your connection stats and I can see that your sync speed has recovered a bit to 12.4Mbps. How has it been at your end since your last post?

Chris

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Hi

The engineer came and fixed it and got the speed up to about 16mb and the line attention back down to 24 and now it's just gone back to 31 and the speed is down again im not sure what's happening I think theres a fault somewhere there has to be.

I'm rebooting the router because ebehthever is choppy online and slow.

I don't think it's even possible for the speed to recover until the line attention drops back down after the fault is fixed is it?

Cheers.

Community Team

Hi stokeash,

Your sync speed has again improved a bit but there are a number of retrains showing over the last few days. Can you currently hear the noise on the line?

Chris

stokeash
Conversation Starter

I don't think it'll be fixed until the line retention returns to normal. When I pick the reciver up there's a high picthed whirling noise. Speeds are poor at the moment I'm getting about 9mb instead of 16. Its like having standard adsl at the moment.

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Just an update phone line is very noisy again so there's definitely a line fault.

Community Team

Hi

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

stokeash
Conversation Starter

Thanks Karl I'll keep you updated no changes as of yet.