Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds not fixing?

Ivoke
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

So an engineer came to my house and said there is a bridge tap and said he fixed it and we should see our speeds going up to our guaranteed speeds over the next few days but its been over a week and i reset the router and there hasnt been a change at all, is this normal and if so how long would i have to wait.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 10

Hi Ivoke,

Thanks for confirming. Could you try one more 30 minutes router down please as the next step will be to test with a different router.

Thanks

Message 2 of 10

wired

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Hi Ivoke,

Ok thanks for trying this. Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10

so i did it for im pretty sure 30 minutes and there is no difference im pretty sure it was a full 30 mins but idk for sure

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Ivoke

Please can you power down the router again for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10

i will try this

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I was getting the practically the same speeds

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Ivoke

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 50.6mb.

What speed are you receiving when running a speed test? What speed were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Ivoke ,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed after a problem has been fixed.

If that does not help, the staff here should respond to this post within a day or two to offer more assistance.