would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Static IP Address

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

I am about to start using a work laptop at home and in order to connect to my work I apparently need a static IP list so that it can be white listed.

How do I go about this please?

Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @andrewkd 

TalkTalk Home Broadband does not offer a fixed public IP address facility. The public IP address is dynamically allocated and if your router is powered down or disconnected it is most probable that the public IP address is changed. 

Having said that, if your broadband connection is part fibre and is stable and your router is left powered and connected 24/7 then the public IP address may well stay the same for a long time.

TalkTalk Business (TTB) offers a static public IP address as part of the business broadband connection from just £1 a month extra.  So if your Home Broadband contract is up for renewal any time soon you may wish to consider TTB.  

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

Do you mean a static IP address as @Gondola has advised, or just a fixed device IP which you can of course set up.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Sorry to hijack this thread but if I'm already with talktalk for a personal plan but in contract what are the chances of changing it to a business one so I could have the static ip?

I'm currently paying £21.95 so no difference 8n price as you'll be getting an extra £1 per month from me.

Highlighted
Community Star

@satzzz You would need to contact TalkTalk Business directly to arrange that, it is not something which can be sorted here. Bear in mind that Business pricing is quoted excluding VAT.