Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange router behaviour

Deanoholden
Participant
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've got a Sagecom FAST 5364-3.T8. It's always been fine but the last couple of days it's been behaving oddly and now lost connection completely.

This isn't a wifi issue as many of my devices connect directly via ethernet. Each time I've had a problem my devices are still connected to the router however lose all internet connectivity, and during the disconnection the router still had a solid white light to indicate it thinks it's got a connection to Talktalk. Each time I've had to restart the router to get things going again.

This morning the same thing has happened. The internet was up and down every 5 minutes, but still with a solid white light. Oddly when I logged into the router everything said 'disconnected' on the dashboard despite me still accessing things from my computer and other devices (and they weren't cached as I work with all cache disabled on my browser for my job where I'm testing websites) and on the Talktalk status page, it thinks I'm connected.

Now however, even after a restart and a solid white 'connected' light on the router, I cannot access the internet at all. And when I try and login to the router I get a "Communication error with the gateway" error (see screenshot below). 

I can't see it being anything but the router - is it possible to be sent a replacement to try?

Login issue.png

Deano
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Deanoholden

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Debbie, much appreciated.

Deano

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Deanoholden

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes