Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to access work database

Mahroof bibi
Popular Poster
Message 23 of 23

I am currently working from home using a VPN. I can access the vpn fine however am struggling to access a database(NHS) within this. I spoke to am agent who made me turn off homesafe settings, ran  a diagnostic etc. Sent out a new router however the issue is unresolved. The agent advised I contact yourselves and highlight the issue. I am able to access the database perfectly fine using other WiFi networks e.g. sky which highlights that the issue is with talk talk. They seem to be blocking my access to the NHS database which I need in order to work from home. The agent advised I contact yourselves to escalate this further. Please can someone respond 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Mahroof  

To cancel a service, this can only be done by calling our Customer loyalty teams, and they can process a cancellation for you if this is required.

Changing the DNS server can often help. Some VPN services can connect, but if the files or browsing of work sites are failing, then sometimes using a different DNS setting can help.

Many people use various DNS settings, the ones given in my last message are the DNS servers from Google.  These are the ones I use on my own connection as I use a lot of google services.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Can you please explain to me what this means, what it will do and how it might affect my Internet service?  Before I go ahead and make any such changes. I am being asked to make a lot of changes (none of which seem to help) but I am not being informed how it may affect my Internet service.

Finally, you completely disregarded my statement about wanting to cancel my contract. Is there no way I can speak to a manager? This issue has been persisting since February and I am quite frankly at the end of my tether. I am paying for a service which doesn't even allow me the luxury of working from home.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi 

Can you log into the router and change the DNS settings to the following :

Primary : 8.8.8.8

Secondary 8.8.4.4

For the WiFi Hub, these can be found under Internet Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Internet Connectivity.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

I was informed the only thing that can be allowed via homesafe is access to websites. I am not trying to connect to a website. I am trying to connect to an NHS database. Unless I have been informed incorrectly please can you notify me how I might go about allowing access to the database.

I feel like I am not getting anywhere with this and as a result of being unable to access the database I am unable to work from home during the current pandemic which is less than ideal. If this issue is to persist I only feel it is right that I am able to terminate my contract with talktalk without incurring early termination fees.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi,

Have you tried adding this to your allow list in HomeSafe? When you turned HomeSafe off did you also power down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi Chris,

Yes it says I am unable to connect to the server and I need to check Internet connectivity. The Internet is working fine however and I am able to access the database fine using a mobile hotspot or any other Internet provider 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi,

What happens when you try to access the NHS database, do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi,

I jus split the ssid as recommended however I am still unable to access the NHS database. Any other suggestions? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi

Please can you factory reset the router and then try the steps again?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Hi,

I have tried to follow the instructions on the link provided. Step 7 which asks for me to type wifi names into the text boxes is not coming up. I am not sure how to go about this. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi

Ok, please can you split the SSID'S on the replacement router and then connect using 2ghz and 5ghz?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

I tried wireless as I cannot work from the same room as the router. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tried connecting wired or are you only using wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi,

I have tried the wifi hub you sent. I am still unable to access the database I require to work. I am currently using my mobile hotspot to connect which is very inconvenient. Are there any other solutions you can offer? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23
0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

I will do. Thank you 

Message 17 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi

I have ordered a different make and model of router (Huawei WIFI hub)

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi, if you think this will help I will give it a try. I did get sent out a router by the agent on the online chat but it did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Mahroof bibi

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi,

I have already tried this. It does not resolve the issue

0 Likes