cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sub 5mbps speeds at peak times

Community Team

Hi Pye

We've now identified the issue and it has been passed to the relevant team to resolve. We don't have exact timescales at the moment, however we will continue to chase and post further updates on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Pyewacket
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Many thanks to yourself and Michelle for all your efforts in identifying the problem.

Would I be correct in thinking that action by Openreach/BT at the exchange is required rather than something that is within TalkTalks control, hence the lack of timescale?

Thank you,

Pye

Community Team

Hi Pye,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm not exactly clear on where this lies to resolve the issue, however our Network Team are working on this and we are hoping to receive further updates soon. Apologies I can't be more specific at this time.

Thanks

Pyewacket
Participant

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the update, no problem with the delay I realise support here isn't 24/7. 

Weekend was sheer misery again - weekday evenings are bad enough, but at least I go to work at 9pm and miss the worst of it 😄  Attached is ad hoc Speedtest App (from PC) results from yesterday, which I think you'll readily agree are terrible, things were pear shaped from around 3pm to midnight, same story for Saturday.

We're online gamers so obviously this is a real pain for us. I appreciate all your hard work, if we can get an indication of timescales this week it would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Pye

Community Team

Hi Pye

Apologies for this.

We will post back on this thread as soon as we receive further information/timescales.

Thanks

Debbie

Pyewacket
Participant

Hi Michelle/Debbie,

I'm sure if you had an update you'd post it, but just wanted to nudge and see if the network team can respond to say if it will be less than 2 weeks to resolve this one?

Many thanks,

Pye

Community Team

Hi Pye,

I'm sorry for the delay and I've just requested an update now. Hopefully I will know more later on this morning or afternoon.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Pye,

I've now been advised that work has been completed early this morning so this should now be resolved. Could you monitor the connection and speed over the next few evenings and let us know how this now compares please? 🙂

Thanks

Pyewacket
Participant

Hi Michelle,

Oh wow great news thank you! I shall monitor like a demon 😁

Cheers,

Pye

Community Team

Hi

Please do let us know if performance has improved over the weekend.

Karl.

Pyewacket
Participant

Hi all,

Initial results are looking great - no drop in service at all this evening!

I'll monitor over the weekend and drop an update on here for Monday morning. 

With thanks,

Optimistic Pye

Community Team
Pyewacket
Participant

Good morning all,

Very pleased to report that speeds have been fabulous all weekend! So we can conclude this is resolved. 

Many thanks for all you assistance, very happy with the result.

Kind regards,

Pye

Community Team

Hi Pye

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie