cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sunday night outage every week - no idea why!!

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Does anyone else experience complete outages of Talktalk internet every Sunday evening from about 11.30pm/midnight to 1am?

It seems like it might be a regular update and maintenance thing, but this was not mentioned in my contract info and is very disruptive (I often have to skype with people in different timezones, so this 'late night' outage is very frustrating for me).

Would really appreciate knowing if anyone else experiences the same thing, to understand if it is specific to me.

Many thanks,

d_m_b

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @d_m_b I'm sure I read that enabling, disabling, enabling homesafe helped.

Your post has been flagged for assistance

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi d_m_b,

I'm sorry to hear this. It does sound like this could be related to HomeSafe settings

If you have HomeSafe active then try switching this off in My Account and then switch it back on. If you don't have HomeSafe then try switching this on then once active switch back off again. This should then resolve this particular issue that you are experiencing.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks @OCE_Michelle I've done as you suggest and toggled the HomeSafe settings on and back off. Will have to wait until next Sun evening to see if it fixes the issue though!

I also just used the "Run connection test" tool under Service Status, and got a result saying there was an issue with my connection (even though web pages do load fine at present). It asks for my mobile phone number, but the 'continue' button doesn't work, meaning it's a dead end of a self-help route.

I'd really appreciate if TalkTalk could run an official diagnostic on my line, as my initial install was plagued with issues and perhaps this is something residual from that.

Highlighted

Hi d_m_b,

Thanks for trying this and I'll check back in with you on Monday morning to see if this has worked.

I've also run a test on the line as requested which is clear.

Thanks

Highlighted

Morning d_m_b,

How are you getting on?

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Michelle , I wanted to wait for another Sunday to come round to see if the issue had really been resolved. I am happy to confirm that your suggested fix has worked! No more Sunday night outages!

Thanks for your advice!

Highlighted

Hi d_m_b,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks