would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super Slow Broadband

Community Team
Hawker52
Team Player

Hi folks,

Well, I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person, but I'm smelling something fishy here... and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble!!

Exactly a week after my broadband went south, I was visited by the broadband fairy who sprinkled pixie dust on my router and LO!...It restoreth everything to how it was!!...38MBs wired..28MBs on all wireless devices!!

When I say exactly a week, I was being accurate...Literally down to the hour!!

Syslog says there was a user login after midnight:

00:36:18 30/08/2019 User Level Notice User ACS(62.24.243.161) modify ManagementServer.PeriodicInformEnable; ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime; ManagementServer.PeriodicInformInterval; .
00:36:18 30/08/2019 User Level Notice User ACS(62.24.243.161) modify ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestPassword; ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestUsername; .
00:36:18 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP inform message: period report.
00:36:18 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP inform message: event: 2 PERIODIC.
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP:Cwmp post inform success.
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP or STUN parameter be changed.
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice User ACS(62.24.243.161) modify ManagementServer.PeriodicInformEnable; ManagementServer.PeriodicInformTime; ManagementServer.PeriodicInformInterval; .
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice User ACS(62.24.243.161) modify ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestPassword; ManagementServer.ConnectionRequestUsername; .
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP inform message: period report.
00:36:16 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP inform message: event: 2 PERIODIC.
00:36:14 30/08/2019 User Level Notice CWMP:Cwmp post inform success.

Can you confirm?... and tell me what was done?

Also, there will be a new router delivered today, kindly ordered by yourselves....Should I return it, and am I being charged for it.

Hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Kind Regards

Paul

I started out with nothing...I still have most of it left!!
Community Team

Hi

You have not been charged for the other router, I would hang on to it for testing.

The ACS user is our TR-069 platform.  This will periodically communicate with the router to pull back diagnostic data and check settings are at the default level as set in the router profile on the server.

Thanks

Karl. 

Hawker52
Team Player
Cheers Karl,
That's good to know....... Anybody got any idea what's happening and why?... is OpenReich, sorry, OpenReach, playing silly *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* again?
Kind regards
Paul
Hawker52
Team Player

Update:

Speed still at optimum...good throughput on both wired and wireless....Actually it's better than it's ever been.😀

New test router still stuck at DHL depot...has been since the 29th..!  Have contacted them to expedite, but have been totally ignored so far....  

DHL.....Dumbass Handling Logistics or Driver Hopelessly Lost....It's usually one of the two!!!

Cheers folks and thanks for your efforts!

Paul

Glenda1
First Timer

Any one else having problems , all week my internet has been going off intermittently.I was sent a new router which i have fitted and still same problem. Tried the on-line chat and that cut me off and tried 2 different telephone numbers and when you get to "what is the problem" I say internet issues and I am cut off. Not happy with their service and want to leave but contract not up until October.

Community Team

Hi @Glenda1

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Hawker52
Team Player

Hi folks,

Me again, sorry to bother you, but I thought it was only fair to inform you that my test router never arrived.... those inept clowns at DHL never turned up and finally gave up, complaining that they couldn't find my premises...which is weird, as they pass my house on a regular basis, they also implied that maybe you gave them the wrong address!!!

Anyhow, they now claim they're returning it to the sender, so I thought I would give you a heads up to make sure they do... Please tell me you'll get your money back from these clowns, they really don't deserve your business!!

If you do feel inclined to try again, it would be much appreciated, though perhaps Wells Fargo stagecoaches, a carrier pigeon or even Stargate-SG1, might have a better chance of getting it here than this bunch!!!

Kind regards

Paul

Community Team

Hi Hawker52

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can re send this router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Hawker52
Team Player
Hi Debbie,
So nice to hear from you again..... Yes please, if it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate it if you could try again. Who knows, they might even get it here this time!
Mind you, after the review I put on TrustPilot regarding their last attempt, it'll probably come through my front window, tied to a brick!!..Ha..Ha..
Kindest regards
Paul
Community Team

Hi Paul

No problem 😉

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie